F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Life is shit
proTUNING Freaks

12-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Life is shit

Sometimes life is just absolutely fucking shit.

Heard a very good friend who I work with closely every shift has died unexpectedly whilst on his brothers stag do. Only 35. Leaves a wife he adored and 2 young boys he worshipped. Didn't drink, smoke, take drugs, kept himself fit, contributed to society. A great copper and an even better man, husband and father.

Why is it someone good can die just like that when some of the fucking shits I deal with do nothing but steal, rob, leave a trail of destruction and pump their veins full of poison and drink themselves into a stupor just wont die. One guy we deal with has spent more of his adult life in prison than out. On our systems you can watch him grow up in his custody pictures from the age of 10. He has over 150 convictions and that's just what he's been found guilty of.

He took an overdose and technically died. Paramedics managed to bring him back.

How can that be fair? I'm so fucking angry with life at the moment. How do you tell 2 boys just before Christmas that Daddy isn't coming home?

Doing this job we deal with a lot of crap and see the worst of human nature as well as sometimes the best but today has just totally disillusioned me.

Sorry for the rant and if anyone is offended by my language but I just need to vent.
Appreciate 24
Edinburra547.50
1 AKY459.00
MojoRider103.50
Stainy266.00
73henny501.00
rokut399.50
allachie91334.00
stefan41083.50
SkyJawa3718.50
rich100874.50
Soul_Glo13398.00
TaranF32129.50
RustyBitz1573.50
gr4z1138.00
DaveH28287.00
      12-16-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Sorry to hear that and I hope the vent helped even if it was just for a few minutes.

I think it's worse at this time of year. I've suffered mentally for the last few weeks as Christmas approaches and some people aren't going to be here. I've been really struggling.

And as you say, it always seems to be the best people that we lose tragically.
Appreciate 2
      12-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Sorry to hear your news, tragic, your rant is entirely understandable
I lost my best friend when she was only 35 and my wife's best friend died when she was 38. Stays with you for decades
There is no justice at all when you look at some people who abuse their bodies all their lives and live to a decent old age
      12-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

I feel your your pain. We have talked about this type of thing before. I have lost colleges from cancer while we have numerous paedophiles some in there 90s still walking around the jail fit as a fiddle..no justice mate
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #5
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Devastating news for the family, there is no rhyme nor reason to these things and your job certainly gives you exposure to the dark side of life and that can't help your disposition on these matters.

These habitual offenders should be sent off to a modern day devils island as they are a drain on society and damage everything and everyone they come into contact with.
      12-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I'm totally lost for words when these awful things happen. It just makes no sense and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and colleague.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bb0 View Post
Sorry to hear that and I hope the vent helped even if it was just for a few minutes.

I think it's worse at this time of year. I've suffered mentally for the last few weeks as Christmas approaches and some people aren't going to be here. I've been really struggling.

Sorry to hear your really struggling mentally. There are plenty of good guys on here who will lend an ear so please keep talking if it helps in anyway.
Appreciate 1
Wills28711.50
      12-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #8
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Sorry for your loss and yes it always seems to be that way doesn’t it.

I lost 2 very good friends in the space of 18 months both in their early 20s both at the hands of doormen, one got away scott free the other just his time in custody.

Both of my friends hit their heads after heavy handed treatment.

Life can be a pisser sometimes unfortunately
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Probably the wrong time of year to be reminding people about this but the OP's rant did have me thinking about Stephen Fry's comments on God......

Appreciate 4
Hooded1669.00
      12-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #10
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:

Sorry to hear this R0bb0

I’m sure plenty on here can lend an ear!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #11
Rbrown
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Nightmare. Really sorry to hear this.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #12
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20MAW73 View Post
Quote:

Sorry to hear your really struggling mentally. There are plenty of good guys on here who will lend an ear so please keep talking if it helps in anyway.
Thanks. And thanks Broncho. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #13
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Life is incredibly unfair and we all see it. In your job TouringPleb it must be very galling to see the repeat offenders and you no doubt have patience that most of us lack. Really sorry to hear about your friend and colleague, utterly tragic. His family must be despairing, but they hopefully have one piece of support and that is that he had colleagues who are no doubt hugely loyal, supportive and able to help them through this dark time.

R0bb0 I hope the season improves for you...Xmas can be a tough time for so many reasons. I recall that you had loss and arrival very close together, we had similar and that's a huge amount of emotion and upheaval for the body and mind to process.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #14
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

@TouringPleb Very sorry to hear that - there are a lot of senseless things in this world.

Quite natural to have a rant, especially to release the exasperation from your line of work.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #15
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post

Heard a very good friend who I work with closely every shift has died unexpectedly whilst on his brothers stag do. Only 35. Leaves a wife he adored and 2 young boys he worshipped. Didn't drink, smoke, take drugs, kept himself fit, contributed to society. A great copper and an even better man, husband and father.

Why is it someone good can die just like that when some of the fucking shits I deal with do nothing but steal, rob, leave a trail of destruction and pump their veins full of poison and drink themselves into a stupor just wont die. One guy we deal with has spent more of his adult life in prison than out. On our systems you can watch him grow up in his custody pictures from the age of 10. He has over 150 convictions and that's just what he's been found guilty of.

How can that be fair? I'm so fucking angry with life at the moment. How do you tell 2 boys just before Christmas that Daddy isn't coming home?

Doing this job we deal with a lot of crap and see the worst of human nature as well as sometimes the best but today has just totally disillusioned me.

Sorry for the rant and if anyone is offended by my language but I just need to vent.

Life isn't fair.. it never was for as long as recent recorded history
Death has always surely followed a birth and a life lived short even those who think theyve lived a long life.. it was short
What do we average a life of 70 or so summers (for men).. and for 1/3 that we were either too young to be conscious of it to think much of it
Add that to the fact most of us are kept busier than bees trying to make ends meet or dealing with un-necessary dramas created by our "other-halfs" to be able to have time to contemplate this seemingly very miserable existence to make sens if it all..
and you get this anger at Life and God like the video of the Brit gent in this thread..
much of this craziness was not created by God .. but men.. and accepted by men

and the fact of the matter is..
yer alive and can yourself introduce alot of caring and love yourself into this world for yourself and others.. even admist all of this "evil"

maybe your good friend had done all he was here to do.. being benevolent to all around him.. be happy for he is in a better place
..and now to allow someone else to step up and show what he's made of in his place..

best of the holidays to ya!
Appreciate 2
tiw3037.50
      12-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #16
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

We can feel some of the pain of this post. Innocent children losing their dad. There seems to be little fairness around at moments like these. Family and workmates alike in mourning.

There's no doubt that the majority of us will see good friends or loved one lose their lives far too soon.
I see it often enough in my working life in the NHS, with death happening to under 40's - some to the lottery of cancer or from infections and sepsis.

But for what it's worth TP, I do also see bad people succumb to bad living.

Condolences to hear of your loss TP.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #17
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Not much I cansay to help except...

I lost my dad at 21 ( he was 60) - he was my hero..

My wife died when my kids were 23 and 22 - she was their hero.

Good, bad, average seems to matter not. When your time is up that is it. I still struggle with my dad’s absence. Based on tonight’s conversation, at least one of my kids struggles more with her mums death than I understood. It’s shit when it happens. It’s more shit near Xmas. 3 years on I can’t claim to know or understand. Sorry for your loss, do what you can but don’t expect it will be enough...
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #18
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Sorry to hear about your friend. A friend of mine had a brain hemorrhage whilst on holiday a few years back aged 38 and died, really decent bloke, worked hard and a great farther to his 2 kids. As you say, it never seems to happen to the scum, only the decent people.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 06:50 PM   #19
Ss66
Captain
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Sorry to hear this. Re the scumbags, they may get away with it in this life. But in there next life most probably not. That's my personal belief.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2018, 03:50 AM   #20
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post

I retired (resigned to be fair) from 'the job' 6 weeks ago mate. I've seen everything you're referring to from good colleagues, friends and family dying way 'too young' to utter scumbags surviving unscathed where others would most certainly have been seriously injured or died (or did on a couple of occasions involving stolen cars colliding with innocent people) to delivering personally the news that a loved one had passed on in whatever tragic circumstances.

It won't be of any consolation now, but I've come to believe that life is rarely easy for any length of time and that the measure of how we are as people is how we cope with the knocks that life brings. We can give up, or get back up and try again.......get back up mate, it'll turn around in time (unfortunately there will be another knock in time too - but get back up after that one as well )

As others have said, there are plenty on here that will listen. Feel free to PM me if you want to rant some more, or just talk in general about how shit the job has become over the last few years
Appreciate 1
Edinburra547.50
      12-17-2018, 06:39 AM   #21
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Sorry about your loss... I feel your pain and share your disgust...

As they say:

Only the good die young
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #22
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

Sorry to hear this really terrible news, especially at this time of year.
I hope that his family get at least some semblance of joy with Santa's impending visit which I know will be unbelievably difficult.

Regarding the scum bags you refer to, let's wish them a merry Christmas and hope that they see the light in the new year, however unlikely that is. If not, perhaps we should revert to the policing of the 1980's with the classic spitting image in the back of the van policing etc.. There needs to be some real world consequence for these low life drains on society, a fair balance so to speak...
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 1