Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
IND G05 Parts Issues

I received my first set of IND items today, body colored front/rear reflectors and the black exhaust.

There are obvious smudges UNDER the paint and scratches which are all very visible. The 1 reflector I looked at so far shows equally concerning nastiness. If these were surface marks (some are, most aren't) my detailer could correct them before Ceramic coating but you can't really fix stuff under the paint. I expected better from IND especially for what they're charging on these parts. 10 years of painting experience means nothing if this is acceptable.

I'll take more pictures tomorrow of all 4 reflectors and better ones of each exhaust facia. I can only imagine what the overpriced grill I bought from them will look like. I'm now expecting it to be a hot mess of poorly prepped items before going into paint.

has anyone else experienced this shoddy quality from IND lately?
Attached Images

2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Interested in the resolution since all of the painted parts I've purchase from IND have been excellent.

I agree with you that these things aren't cheap so it is fair to request quality parts.

Appreciate 1
      12-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Interested in the resolution since all of the painted parts I've purchase from IND have been excellent.

I agree with you that these things aren't cheap so it is fair to request quality parts.

I'm glad that yours were good. The reason I posted this is to make people aware of the inconsistent quality which my parts seem to exhibit. I hope IND makes it right, admittedly I haven't contacted them yet. I'm going to look look at each piece in the sunlight before shooting them an email.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 50i

Damn dude at least try and resolve it with them before blasting them on here.
Appreciate 1
DrKevM52281.00
      12-21-2018, 07:22 PM   #5
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jra0113 View Post
Damn dude at least try and resolve it with them before blasting them on here.
If I sent them an email right now no one would reply good given the hour and holidays. They'll likely see it on here before my email anyway. Considering how bad some pieces look perhaps they should've considered that before shipping them? I don't feel bad for calling a company out when they let stuff like this pass QC.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #6
avengerboater
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

My first thought was: have you tried contacting them privately to resolve this issue?

Then my second thought was: the painted front reflectors I bought from them was also not perfect. The left side reflector has a very distinct pencil-dot sized spec that was trapped under the paint. It was likely a grain of dirt or dust that got on and they painted over it. The right side reflector has a smaller spec that isn't as noticeable.

I thought about reaching out to IND, but I figured I'll likely notice it once or twice a year after they're installed on my car. So, even though I'm OCD about these things, I just let it go.

In your case, it seems like the quality is much worse.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #7
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerboater View Post
My first thought was: have you tried contacting them privately to resolve this issue?

Then my second thought was: the painted front reflectors I bought from them was also not perfect. The left side reflector has a very distinct pencil-dot sized spec that was trapped under the paint. It was likely a grain of dirt or dust that got on and they painted over it. The right side reflector has a smaller spec that isn't as noticeable.

I thought about reaching out to IND, but I figured I'll likely notice it once or twice a year after they're installed on my car. So, even though I'm OCD about these things, I just let it go.

I can see your point of view. I did privately contact IND since posting the OP so everyone knows.

I'm very OCD about the little details especially when a company prides themselves on a quality product. As an engineer it's not really a choice to look past such mistakes unfortunately.

While some people may not agree I find posting experiences both good/bad the best way for companies to improve. When the word gets out concerning an issue, especially in these sorts of communities things usually improve vs solely a private email.

I could handle a small speck under the paint more than what looks like a smudge with a smooth top coat and or scratches under the paint which can't be fixed. If this stuff was superficial I'd simply buff it out beforehand then it would be ceramic coated with my car.

Given what IND charges there's no reason not to mention issues. I'm really worried that my grill is going to look way worse because of it's size and the bad items thus far. I hope they prove me wrong so the experience isn't all bad.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:25 PM   #8
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi. The staff is off for the Christmas holiday and we will return on Thursday. I didn’t see any email from you giving us a chance to resolve anything. We are all automotive enthusiasts at iND and will always make it right.

Not trying to make any excuses but the tips are from BMW and we did not modify them in any way. I really wish we were given a chance to resolve this matter before making such a public post.

Merry Christmas everyone

Last edited by Nate@IND; 12-21-2018 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
DrKevM52281.00
      12-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #9
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Hi. The staff is off for the Christmas holiday and we will return on Thursday. I didn’t see any email from you giving us a chance to resolve anything. We are all automotive enthusiasts at iND and will always make it right.

Not trying to make any excuses but the tips are from BMW and we didn’t not modify them in any way. I really wish we were given a chance to resolve this matter before making such a public post.

Merry Christmas everyone
I sent you guys a message on here, if you'd like I'll also send an email. I stand behind why I posted this publically as mentioned in the OP and another post. I'm happy to give you guys the chance to resolve it and appreciate the post.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:29 PM   #10
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:

We offer a lifetime paint warranty. Shoot us an email and we will send out a new set. Support@ind-distribution.com.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #11
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I sent you guys a message on here, if you'd like I'll also send an email. I stand behind why I posted this publically as mentioned in the OP and another post. I'm happy to give you guys the chance to resolve it and appreciate the post.
I’d really like to see a photo of the reflectors. Sometimes customers confuse the painted 3M tape section as the painted portion. Shoot us an email to support@ind-distribution.com.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #12
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

We offer a lifetime paint warranty. Shoot us an email and we will send out a new set. Support@ind-distribution.com.
Quote:
Hi. The staff is off for the Christmas holiday and we will return on Thursday. I didn't see any email from you giving us a chance to resolve anything. We are all automotive enthusiasts at iND and will always make it right.

Not trying to make any excuses but the tips are from BMW and we didn't not modify them in any way. I really wish we were given a chance to resolve this matter before making such a public post.

Merry Christmas everyone

I'd really like to see a photo of the reflectors. Sometimes customers confuse the painted 3M tape section as the painted portion. Shoot us an email to support@ind-distribution.com.

I messed you guys on here and sent an email with the same message.

I'll take pictures in daylight of the imperfections and send them over. The portion that's affected is on the rear painted section that you would see when it's installed.

I hope these issues get resolved and no one else has them for future orders. Have a great Holidays up three in Chicago!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #13
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:

I'll take pictures in daylight of the imperfections and send them over. The portion that's affected is on the rear painted section that you would see when it's installed.

I hope these issues get resolved and no one else has them for future orders. Have a great Holidays up three in Chicago!
Thanks. We will resolve this right when we return. IND has been around for years and will always make it right.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:38 PM   #14
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. We will resolve this right when we return. IND has been around for years and will always make it right.
Thank you, my goal to to have the root problem fixed so others don't have the same issue. I'll keep you guys updated with better pictures.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:43 PM   #15
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, my goal to to have the root problem fixed so others don't have the same issue. I'll keep you guys updated with better pictures.
Trust me we take QC and paint very serious. We have professional retailers in-house at IND. I hand inspect every shipment that goes out. The tips are 100% BMW and not produced or painted by iND. Not try to make any excuses for BMW but just want members to know that the coating is not by us.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 08:48 PM   #16
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Trust me we take QC and paint very serious. We have professional retailers in-house at IND. I hand inspect every shipment that goes out. The tips are 100% BMW and not produced or painted by iND. Not try to make any excuses for BMW but just want members to know that the coating is not by us.
Since I do not know how they look stock without having my X5 yet due to production delays I cannot confirm what you're staying. I'm not impressed with BMW's factory painting so I can see that being a possibility. On the other hand, reflectors are not painted by BMW, only you guys so that's more serious I suppose. I'm happy to be wrong about who the defect originated from since my original posted stated IND. I'm glad you're on top of things here which is part of why I made the OP.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 09:16 PM   #17
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Sounds like this will get fixed.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about the exhaust tips if the goal is just to black out the chrome. Then I realize this is not high temperature paint in your garage but an expensive part. Yikes .
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 12:25 AM   #18
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

I bought a grill and exhaust tips from IND, inspected them thoroughly before installation and they were perfect, from my limited and first time communication with them, I think they'll fix all of these issues for you, they look amazing in person when installed by the way
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #19
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:

Not trying to make any excuses but the tips are from BMW and we did not modify them in any way. I really wish we were given a chance to resolve this matter before making such a public post.

Merry Christmas everyone
Personally, I would have checked with you first, but thats just me. I can certainly see why the OP shared his experience with forum members. That is, in fact, what this forum is all about. I mean, should the OP have checked with you first if your product arrived perfectly and he wanted to share that experience?

You cannot control the various styles and personalities of the forum members or any of your customers for that matter. What you can control is the quality of the products you ship and what you do about it when something is not right. No doubt your company will make it right or you would never last long with this group of customers. All the best. Merry Christmas.
Appreciate 4
      12-22-2018, 08:52 AM   #20
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

I do think the OP should have coordinated with IND, to see what resolution they might offer, before posting here.

That said, I'm interested in how this resolves, and what product quality comes from IND going forward.
Appreciate 1
jra0113427.00
      12-22-2018, 08:33 PM   #21
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Quote:

Merry Christmas everyone
Personally, I would have checked with you first, but thats just me. I can certainly see why the OP shared his experience with forum members. That is, in fact, what this forum is all about. I mean, should the OP have checked with you first if your product arrived perfectly and he wanted to share that experience?

You cannot control the various styles and personalities of the forum members or any of your customers for that matter. What you can control is the quality of the products you ship and what you do about it when something is not right. No doubt your company will make it right or you would never last long with this group of customers. All the best. Merry Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I do think the OP should have coordinated with IND, to see what resolution they might offer, before posting here.

That said, I'm interested in how this resolves, and what product quality comes from IND going forward.

I know many people are quite divided on this OP which is expected. I'm by no means saying IND is a bad company, quite the opposite. The main issue is items made their way past QC that shouldn't have. If I emailed IND first then posted this even after a full resolution I don't see how that would change what happened. Of course they're going to fix things, even so the problem happened and should he reported. Look at home many people for mad over leather wrinkles on the X5, unlike that the 'issues' here aren't by design.

I took some detailed pictures in sunlight earlier, emailed them to IND and now will post them below. I'll keep everyone updated throughout the process because I'm sure it will prove helpful to others.

The reflector I found a small issue on is very hard to photograph. It's a combination of scratches which appear to be under the paint and some weird under paint defects (from what it seems) which I'll try to picture better
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
jra0113427.00
      12-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #22
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrFllw View Post
Pointless thread. This should have been handled directly with the vendor and only posted here if the vendor refused to correct.
I appreciate your opinion. We are all welcome to share it experiences whether good or bad.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11525.50
Closed Thread