THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum AliExpress M Performance Exterior Parts

02-23-2019, 05:56 AM   #1
mitchamery
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

AliExpress M Performance Exterior Parts

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my experience using AliExpress for the knock off M Performance Front Splitter/Diffuser.

Overall I'm happy with the fitment, 7-7.5/10.

Front Splitter - I had issues lining the bolt holes up, and had to re-drill the most of them to get it to fit. Once that hurdle was crossed, it fits very well.

Rear Diffuser - I had similar issues to other people that have purchased knock off kits. The tabs that lock it in place are very thin and don't bite into it's location. It holds in relatively well but I ended up cutting a few of the tabs off the OEM bumper and glueing them on to improve the fitment.

The other problem with this bumper was that it warped after sitting in the sun for an hour. After contacting the seller they refused to refund or send a new bumper. They only offered a $25 refund.

M3/4 Style Mirror Caps - I personally love these. They fit extremely well and are great quality.

M2 Style Side Skirts - These were just something else I just saw when I was looking for the other parts. I thought, "why not" and I love them. Great quality and fit really well.

Now I know that there are imperfections in buying knock off products. Things won't line up, might warp or fade faster etc. but my opinion is this. Our cars, as much as we love and care for them, will be the victims or a hit and run, fender bender or similar. I can't justify the the extra thousands I'll pay to have the legit parts on my car.

I daily drive my M235i and I love it, I think these parts look fantastic despite they're (quite unobvious) imperfections.

Appreciate 4
      02-23-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Those sides mirrors look huge ....
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
TwistedX
Really Twisted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i F23 8AT

Link/Info for side skirts?
ifobd32.00
      02-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
ifobd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchamery View Post
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my experience using AliExpress for the knock off M Performance Front Splitter/Diffuser.

Overall I'm happy with the fitment, 7-7.5/10.

Front Splitter - I had issues lining the bolt holes up, and had to re-drill the most of them to get it to fit. Once that hurdle was crossed, it fits very well.

Rear Diffuser - I had similar issues to other people that have purchased knock off kits. The tabs that lock it in place are very thin and don't bite into it's location. It holds in relatively well but I ended up cutting a few of the tabs off the OEM bumper and glueing them on to improve the fitment.

The other problem with this bumper was that it warped after sitting in the sun for an hour. After contacting the seller they refused to refund or send a new bumper. They only offered a $25 refund.

M3/4 Style Mirror Caps - I personally love these. They fit extremely well and are great quality.

M2 Style Side Skirts - These were just something else I just saw when I was looking for the other parts. I thought, "why not" and I love them. Great quality and fit really well.

Now I know that there are imperfections in buying knock off products. Things won't line up, might warp or fade faster etc. but my opinion is this. Our cars, as much as we love and care for them, will be the victims or a hit and run, fender bender or similar. I can't justify the the extra thousands I'll pay to have the legit parts on my car.

I daily drive my M235i and I love it, I think these parts look fantastic despite they're (quite unobvious) imperfections.

The style you chose is my favorite diffuser of all the ones I've looked at on Ali/express. This is the front runner for me. I'm looking at this seller. https://f2rq3.app.goo.gl?link=https:...073&amv=69
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 04:29 AM   #5
mitchamery
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifobd View Post
The style you chose is my favorite diffuser of all the ones I've looked at on Ali/express. This is the front runner for me. I'm looking at this seller. https://f2rq3.app.goo.gl?link=https:...3451073&amv=69
Let us know how you get on. They're probably the exactly the same part made out of the same factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paposalsa View Post
Those sides mirrors look huge ....
Haha, good thing they're not on your car then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedX View Post
Link/Info for side skirts?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-Se...2dd34c4dLtG848
Appreciate 0