E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 DCT Throttle shut

05-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
General.Massacre
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 640d MSport

N54 DCT Throttle shut

Hi all,
Ive been a lurker for a while, few posts here and there.

but i thought id ask for some opinions and assistance.

Im having an issue that on Full Throttle, my car drops all boost and the throttle cuts off. feels like im pressing the brakes.
As a note, its not the DTC intervention, this happens with DTC pressed once, or held in.
I have a JB4, with a Back End Flash.

The issue happens just around the 5000rpm area, but not always in the same gear or every gear.

I have done the following to troubleshoot.
Removed JB4
Removed BEF
- Issue still happened
Removed Spark Plugs and Coils. saw that Cyl3 was filled with oil, so we cleaned it out and cleaned all Plugs and coils.
- Issue still happened, but now not as harsh or as often. its better, but still present.
Changed Plugs to 1 step colder NGK plugs gapped at 0.020"
- Issue still happened.

I assume i have a cracked valve cover as the oil was present again after a week, but not alot, but since we cleaned it prior, its a gaurantee its leaking.
So will replace both Gasket and Cover.

Ive read and spoken to a friend that has an E93 N54 DCT and his car wold do the same thing on occassion at high throttle. and he said he would top up the DCT transmission with oil and after about a 100km the issue would go away. and it will be fine after.
So i will be purchasing a new DCT Oilpan with new oil soon along with the Valve Cover.

Here is a Log via Datazap:
https://datazap.me/u/generalmassacre...log=0&data=1-4

i have a host more logs on my JB4 from 2 nights ago. but on my other device, so need to transfer them and load up to Data zap. unless you all are happy with JB4 CSV files?

on another note, i have the following issues i am going to be rectifying in the next week or so.

-Vacuum Lines are going to be replaced with Verocious Motorsports Platinum Cured lines
-My Tial Style BOV has a very very stiff spring, i struggle to push the piston with my hand, and when we took it apart, it took 2 people to put the BOV lid back on to input the screws. - Have a 7PSI tial spring on the way)

Current mod list is as follows:
JB4
BMS Pump BEF
Stage 2 Chinese TD04L-16T Turbos
2" Silicone Inlets (OEM location)
6"AMS Intercooler
Charge Pipe with Tial BOV (Chinese)
Water Methanol injection with CM10 nozzle
BMS DCI filters

Thanks for reading everyone.

Not sure what else to say on the subject.

J
Appreciate 0