BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-31-2019, 06:39 AM   #1
JayInVa
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 40i MSport Tanzanite Blue

G05 Extended Warranty

Has anyone in the DC area been able to negotiate pricing? I've already read some of the posts on here that some people have been able to while others have said that BMW is firm on the pricing and there is no wiggle room.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 07:28 AM   #2
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
i live on the Eastern Shore, and bought my car from a dealer in Milford Delaware. Next closest dealer is in Annapolis. So I’ve been browsing online dealer inventory and pricing in the DC metro, which basically includes Annapolis.

With THREE additional dealers in DC, I have found that their online prices seem very competitive. I’ve done nationwide searches also, and the best deals always seem to be at the big dealers in DC and Annapolis.

In addition, I’ve learned from these forums that at least some dealers in the tri-state New York metro are not offering the 2.99 percent financing with the $2,000 rebate that accompanies that. Online, their prices always seem to be MSRP, while in the DC metro often they are below.

To me, it seems like the BEST deals in the country are in the DC metro. Makes sense with four dealerships competing with one another.

I used online pricing/discount web sites like edmunds, and found that the deal I was offered was very competitive and in line with their recommendations re: invoice/retail. With the X5, you don’t get much of a discount on in-stock vehicles, because the X5 is selling like hot cakes.

So by ordering and financing, I got incentives, a dealer discount, and didn’t spend several thousand extra for upgrades I didn’t want. (For example the self-driving features).

I think you are fortunate to be shopping in that market, but since dealers are pricing lower already, you may not get as much of a discount via negotiations. Get some quotes on the car you want and play the dealers against one another. You should get a very fair deal.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 07:32 AM   #3
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Also, if you are willing to take a trip over the bridge, you should ask my dealership, IG Burton, to compete on price. You would have to go there to pick up the car (probably) but otherwise you would use local dealers for maintenance and repairs.

My SA there is Dylan. Tell him Nancy sent you.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 07:35 AM   #4
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Oops, you were asking about the warranty-I plan to see if I can get a discount on that, but am unlikely to buy it regardless. Yes, other posts have talked about dickering on the warranty prices.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1619574

Last edited by natahoa; 05-31-2019 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: To add link
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 07:42 AM   #5
JayInVa
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 40i MSport Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
Oops, you were asking about the warranty-I plan to see if I can get a discount on that, but am unlikely to buy it regardless. Yes, other posts have talked about dickering on the warranty prices.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1619574
Thanks Natahoa. Yeah, I know a lot of people on here have confused the maintenance VS warranty. I did too before doing my homework. I asked about the extended warranty because I'm signing the final paperwork today and know that I'll be offered one. I'll be passing on all the extras the finance guys will tee up, but I want to see if I can dicker for an EW since I am purchasing this rather than leasing.
Appreciate 0