BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Ordered X7 M50i - anyone have one?

09-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, Navigator, Mod Y Perf

Ordered X7 M50i - anyone have one?

Just got back from the dealership, where I ordered an X7 M50i. I am VERY excited.
- black sapphire metallic (with extended shadowline trim)
- cerium grey wheels
- tartufo leather
- ash grain black wood
- all options except: night-vision, bowers and wilkins, alcantara headliner and rear-seat entertainment

A couple frustrations:

Tartufo and captains chairs
- Tartufo only comes with captains chairs
- fine, I'll take captains chairs, but they don't fold all the way flat
- also, captains chairs don't have the nice looking button to move the seats, you have to pull a big lever on the top of the seat (why?)
- also also, the way the seat moves forward means you'll have to remove a child seat before letting someone in the back, while the bench moves forward in a way that will let you keep child seat in place
- but, the tartufo is too good not to get, so I guess I'll deal with all this

Wheels/Tires
- Really wanted the V spoke wheels with black, but you can only get them with Cerium grey. Hard to tell but they look pretty bright on the builder. Even though you can get them on 40i and 50i, they are not an option on m50i. Dealer said we could paint them, or I could pay like $5k for a separate set of wheels. Hoping they are darker than the builder makes them look!
- This wheel option only comes with summer tires, so I asked about winter or all-season tire options - only tire that works now is made for the Bentayga, and they only sell them for Bentleys. Did I mention I live in Utah? Greatest snow on earth!

Overall I'm really excited, now I have to wait 2 months for it to arrive.

Anyone have one yet? How is it?
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      09-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #2
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 M50i

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
All of your frustrations have been discussed at length by others who have ordered them. I let the practicality of the bench seat win over my desire for tartufo though. Also, mine took less than a month to build from the time I ordered it, but i ordered almost immediately when it was available so there may be longer waits no. Congrats on the new ride
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 11:57 PM   #3
crackerjack15
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Get a set of aftermarket 20" wheels/tires for winter, that's what I'm going to do. 285/50-20 blizzack dm-v2. $259/tire on tire rack. Not sure what wheels I'm going to get yet.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

I placed my order on Saturday and the dealer was able to edit an order they already have in the system so I should have it in my hands by the end of the month.

The wheels are my biggest issue. They should have black accents if you order the shadowline trim. I'm hoping my sales rep can work his magic and have the order tweaked. If not I'll try to swap with someone or last resort would be to have them painted.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflikescars View Post
Just got back from the dealership, where I ordered an X7 M50i. I am VERY excited.
- cerium grey wheels
- tartufo leather
- ash grain black wood
- all options except: night-vision, bowers and wilkins, alcantara headliner and rear-seat entertainment

A couple frustrations:

- also, captains chairs don't have the nice looking button to move the seats, you have to pull a big lever on the top of the seat (why?)
- also also, the way the seat moves forward means you'll have to remove a child seat before letting someone in the back, while the bench moves forward in a way that will let you keep child seat in place

Wheels/Tires
- Really wanted the V spoke wheels with black, but you can only get them with Cerium grey. Hard to tell but they look pretty bright on the builder. Even though you can get them on 40i and 50i, they are not an option on m50i. Dealer said we could paint them, or I could pay like $5k for a separate set of wheels. Hoping they are darker than the builder makes them look!
- This wheel option only comes with summer tires, so I asked about winter or all-season tire options - only tire that works now is made for the Bentayga, and they only sell them for Bentleys. Did I mention I live in Utah? Greatest snow on earth!

I got mine on Saturday and posted images under another thread related to M50i

I went with Cerium Gray on black I am curious to see how the shadow on black will look like
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #6
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
- cerium grey wheels
- tartufo leather
- ash grain black wood

A couple frustrations:

Wheels/Tires

I just picked mine on Saturday. This is racing tank, it is flying

I have images under another thread related to M50i.

I went with black and cerium gray no extended shadow so I am curious how the extended shadow will look
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 10:35 AM   #7
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep

Ahhh this looks amazing. Now I'm debating the shadowline. I have until tomorrow to make changes...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 10:37 AM   #8
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks! I realized after posting this that there were other threads with all this info. I just joined the X7 thread and was so excited I posted before reading
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #9
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Black with Shadowline

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #10
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Black with Shadowline

uhhhh so torn. The pics MB21 posted of his black with cerium look pretty good. The only thing I'm not in love with is the hockey stick in cerium...

What did you order?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 10:59 AM   #11
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
uhhhh so torn. The pics MB21 posted of his black with cerium look pretty good. The only thing I'm not in love with is the hockey stick in cerium...

What did you order?
I'm the oddball. Phytonic Blue with Shadowline, Black Vernasca, 22" 755M's and other stuff.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #12
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ahhh this looks amazing. Now I'm debating the shadowline. I have until tomorrow to make changes...
I like the fact that mirrors have also cerium gray color this looks very different then rest X7s
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 11:20 PM   #13
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Big congrats, and we look forward to seeing your rig when you get it!
Appreciate 0