E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Sup, Broke the orange wire clip (bmw wire clip)

09-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speed demon

Sup, Broke the orange wire clip (bmw wire clip)

You know for the v3 install that little weak bmw clip that you have to intercept? Its the one that goes into the green plug thing. Wtf do I do if the clip breaks on the bmw wire? Where can I get extra clips anyone know? I guess recrimp it ?
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Soon: Rpi Catback, GIAC or EVOtech flash, Dinan Rear Strut, OEM M5 Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2bling View Post
You know for the v3 install that little weak bmw clip that you have to intercept? Its the one that goes into the green plug thing. Wtf do I do if the clip breaks on the bmw wire? Where can I get extra clips anyone know? I guess recrimp it ?
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...91&hg=61&fg=15

I'm pretty sure u need pin #11
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj323ci View Post

HAHA you own! What do I do now though? I cant drive my car till this lil clip comes in? Its a special clip, how retarded! Which one though? their are four number 11's I dont know what size.. You know which wire im talkin about though right? I guess their is only one orange wire :X This sucks.

Oh and i still have that clip that broke off .. Can I not re crimp it?
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

Oh yeah, will I go into reduced power if the green flap thing on that green clip holder broke off ? Also, one of my ecu sliders comes out if i gently pull on it.. Without pushing that clip to release.. Will that cause limp mode?

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2bling View Post
Oh yeah, will I go into reduced power if the green flap thing on that green clip holder broke off ? Also, one of my ecu sliders comes out if i gently pull on it.. Without pushing that clip to release.. Will that cause limp mode?
That green flap shouldn't cause limp mode. Just make sure the exposed metal piece on the connector doesn't touch anything metal that might cause it to short out.

As for the ecu slider, make sure it's in good and once u seat it into the ECU. should be fine.
Appreciate 0