E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Misfire

02-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
Bimmer221
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Misfire

So about a week ago I started intermittently getting the Service Engine Soon light with rough idling of my car and rough acceleration. It would start 5 min into the drive and then last for 10 min and go away. The car would hesitate like it wasnt getting gas or was having trouble shifting gears. I used a OBD II reader today and it was giving me the codes saying that cylinder 4 was misfiring. I'm assuming that means that my ignition coil is failing? Any other thoughts on this? I've already ordered new ignition coils/spark plugs to change them all out. The car is a 2009 328i with approximately 90,000 miles now. Is it still safe to drive to work as its my only mode of transportation or should i stay away from driving it. Could permanent engine damage have been caused by driving it?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0