E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > tracing some gremlins

03-29-2020, 01:03 PM   #1
wrrush
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

tracing some gremlins

this has been a long process. So replaced my turbos and added an oil cooler, the oil line blew off and got all over the alternator and I think fried the ECU. So replaced alternator, replaced battery, replaced ecu.

Then I had a camshaft sensor go up so replaced cam ledges and sprocket, and that was all clear, and replaced the check valves.

Now I am getting some codes that I can not find on google, and there are a lot of them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vm...BrJb-9W_rID-I7

DME active codes
2d2e- DME throttle valve angle intake manifold vacuum correlation
2ded power management closed circuit current violation
2f7f dme engine switch off time plausability
sfa3 dme no coding
2fbe dme fuel pressure after engine stop

dme shadow codes
29f4 dme catalytic converter conversion
29f5 dme catalytic converter conversion 2
3fca fuel high pressre bei freigabe der einspritzung
2fda crankshaft sensor signal missing
2fdb crankshaft sensor signal not plaussible

I have frankenturbos, now inlets, dci, new outlets, vrsf fmic, upper and lower charge pipe changed, catless downpipes, mhd stage 2+, index 12s, ngk sparks, new vacuum lines, upgraded dme. JB4 and i think thats about it on the engine.

I cleared the codes before and they didnt come back. They only came back when I was checking the codes at a light, bc i want to get my emissions done soon, and hit the gas accidentally while my cell phone was connecting with the DME (dont give me shit i know i wasnt supposed to do that) the car bucked a little but its still driving fine.

yea i dont know how to post pics, sorry, its no as easy as just attach a file

Oh and no check engine light and car runs smooth

Last edited by wrrush; 03-29-2020 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 10:17 AM   #2
wrrush
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Ok update, got car down off lift after wheel stud conversion and oil cooler line replacement. Used protools and cleared all adaptations, then held foot on gas pedal to reset adaptations. Got down to 3100 and 2d2e code, cleared it w mhd then just 3100. Took off charge pipe and used plumbers tape on both meth bung bolts, and used an oil line gasket on the sensor. Bolted all back in real tight, turned car on checked mhd w engine on not running, no codes, turned engine on reved to 4k and ran mhd no codes. Fingers crossed it was a leak
Appreciate 0