E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 oil leak from pan?

04-22-2020, 08:58 PM   #1
Qasimateen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

N54 oil leak from pan?

So I was diagnosing an oil leak I've had for a while now so I degreased my engine and cleaned it all up from the bottom.
After cleaning I've found a few droplets of oil under my engine and I would assume it's from the pan but I see fresh oil droplets on the bolts above the pan, fresh oil droplets on the steering rack and the bolt above it(see photo), and fresh oil between where the engine and transmission meets.
Here are some photos

Any suggestions if it is the pan or anything else??
Looking to repair anything that's causing this leak.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 09:26 PM   #2
Qasimateen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qasimateen View Post
So I was diagnosing an oil leak I've had for a while now so I degreased my engine and cleaned it all up from the bottom.
After cleaning I've found a few droplets of oil under my engine and I would assume it's from the pan but I see fresh oil droplets on the bolts above the pan, fresh oil droplets on the steering rack and the bolt above it(see photo), and fresh oil between where the engine and transmission meets.
Here are some photos

Any suggestions if it is the pan or anything else??
Looking to repair anything that's causing this leak.
Also from above the steering rack there's a bolt with an oil droplets near the turbos. I've taken pictures of where the oil could be coming from but not sure.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 02:52 PM   #3
Riceball777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: S2000 618whp/ e90 335i

looks like 100% for sure you will need to change he oilpan gasket. You may of other leaks but that is the main one for sure. Its a very heavy labor intensive job so god luck. Its a great time to do the job now since the stay at home orders because of the virus.