BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW V3 + GC Camber Plates Alignment

08-16-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
M2_Matt
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

This question has definitely been asked before but what alignment specs should I run with the KW V3s and GC camber plates? I daily drive my car and frequently take it out to the canyons. I've done some research on this thread and came up with this. I'm also on the stock 437ms with the oem tire sizes.

-2.7 degrees, 0.03 toe out
-1.9 degrees, 0.04 toe in
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Depends on how you plan to use the car. Additional camber isn't needed if you are just driving on the street.

If you plan on Tracking, I've found that -2.75 or so works well for street with some track days mixed in. Zero toe.

In the rear, the camber isn't adjustable, but I went with a minimal amount of toe in.

The car handles great on the street and track, and my tires seem to wear fairly evenly.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
M2_Matt
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Depends on how you plan to use the car. Additional camber isn't needed if you are just driving on the street.

If you plan on Tracking, I've found that -2.75 or so works well for street with some track days mixed in. Zero toe.

In the rear, the camber isn't adjustable, but I went with a minimal amount of toe in.

The car handles great on the street and track, and my tires seem to wear fairly evenly.
Appreciate the input. I attached my old alignment sheet back when I ran the KW HAS. The rear naturally has a lot of camber from my low ride height. And what is the minimal toe in spec for the rear that you were mentioning?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #4
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2_Matt View Post
Quote:

Appreciate the input. I attached my old alignment sheet back when I ran the KW HAS. The rear naturally has a lot of camber from my low ride height. And what is the minimal toe in spec for the rear that you were mentioning?
I'd have to pull my sheet. Making dinner right now but will check shortly.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #5
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

My sheet is showing 0.09 degrees
Appreciate 1
M2_Matt14.00
      08-16-2020, 09:55 PM   #6
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

There are eccentric adjusters on the rear for both camber and toe. Range is limited, but both are adjustable.

For camber, see bolt #14 in the attached screenshot from RealOEM.com
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

I have KW V3 and Dinan sway bars, otherwise stock suspension. I drove mostly in the city, not much faster than 35mph max. And 1-2 times per month going on some windy backroads.

My passenger tire is worn bald on the inside with -1.6 camber, and the driver's side at -1.2 has even wear and a lot of life left.

My rear is -1.8 driver's -1.7 passenger and both tires wear evenly with each other and across their surfaces.

I had no idea until know (looking at my alignment printout) that the rear had more camber than the front. Looking at the car looks the opposite of that.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 12:20 AM   #8
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
Quote:

There are eccentric adjusters on the rear for both camber and toe. Range is limited, but both are adjustable.

For camber, see bolt #14 in the attached screenshot from RealOEM.com
Right. I knew that. Had a derp moment.
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50
      08-18-2020, 03:17 PM   #9
Erwan
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c, 2011 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I have KW V3 and Dinan sway bars, otherwise stock suspension. I drove mostly in the city, not much faster than 35mph max. And 1-2 times per month going on some windy backroads.

My passenger tire is worn bald on the inside with -1.6 camber, and the driver's side at -1.2 has even wear and a lot of life left.

My rear is -1.8 driver's -1.7 passenger and both tires wear evenly with each other and across their surfaces.

I had no idea until know (looking at my alignment printout) that the rear had more camber than the front. Looking at the car looks the opposite of that.
Seems to me like you have a toe issues up front passenger side rather than a camber issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #10
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwan View Post
Seems to me like you have a toe issues up front passenger side rather than a camber issue.
Thanks. I'll have my alignment checked when I have new tires put on soon. My alignment sheet from March 2019 shows toe is good, but maybe something got knocked loose. But that shouldn't be the case either because I have a bolt check done every time my car is on a lift and all bolts are marked for quick visual of what's come loose. We'll see in a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #11
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
This question has definitely been asked before but what alignment specs should I run with the KW V3s and GC camber plates? I daily drive my car and frequently take it out to the canyons. I've done some research on this thread and came up with this. I'm also on the stock 437ms with the oem tire sizes.

-2.7 degrees, 0.03 toe out
-1.9 degrees, 0.04 toe in
I am on V3 and CPs. Your stated specs are pretty close to what I am running street/track. I will try to adjust for more neg camber next track day.
Appreciate 1
M2_Matt14.00