E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2DEB code e90 335i

09-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #1
ghynds
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

2DEB code e90 335i

Was driving my car today and it randomly died with no warning, abs, brake and all other sorts of warnings popped up. Scanned the car and it had these codes(below)

was going to get car towed home but its way too low to go an a tow truck, decided to jump the car from another car, after about 15 mins of it charging it started again no problems, made it home but as i was pulling in died and all the other warnings popped up.

I'm assuming this is bad alternator but want to be double sure before i break the bank since i just did new valve cover and index 12s. Also don't know with bmw and there other weird things that could be causing this.

Any feedback before i throw in an alternator and possibly a new battery?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 10:14 PM   #2
Tunafish
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N55

While these could been all caused by undervoltage .. I would start at the battery and battery connections.. Make sure you are getting the same voltage from battery to engine and dont forget to check your grounds... What voltage do you have with the car running?
Appreciate 1
ghynds4.50
      09-27-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
ghynds
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafish View Post
While these could been all caused by undervoltage .. I would start at the battery and battery connections.. Make sure you are getting the same voltage from battery to engine and dont forget to check your grounds... What voltage do you have with the car running?
I have 14.5v with the car running, had someone come out and test battery and alternator and they tested out fine. Battery was kind of iffy though because it's from 2012 so i replaced it. Now the car starts but i have even more ridiculous codes and car misfires and overheated at random, abs and other lights still come on at random. check my connections and they seem fine but here are a list of codes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 07:51 PM   #4
Tunafish
Banned
United_States
Rep

Do you have mhd monitoring? If so clear codes and log when the issues happens.. See what your voltage is doing..
Appreciate 1
ghynds4.50
      09-27-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
ghynds
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you have mhd monitoring? If so clear codes and log when the issues happens.. See what your voltage is doing..
don't have that but was thinking about it because you need the licenses to register battery, is it worth it to buy the super license, if i plan later on the road tuning the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #6
Tunafish
Banned
United_States
Rep

If you are planning to tune than yes mhd is worth the super licence.. But if you are not going to tune Protool would be better.. Lets you log also but has way more features than mhd..

Protool scans much more than mhd which only looks at bme..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #7
ghynds
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you are planning to tune than yes mhd is worth the super licence.. But if you are not going to tune Protool would be better.. Lets you log also but has way more features than mhd..

just got the mhd super don't have an android so this is my choice for now will log once i figure it all out
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 08:31 PM   #8
ghynds
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

car didn't even get a chance to map, trans went into limp, headlights on and off, idrive out, and overheating, after a new battery, gotta be alternator as the 2e97 code won't go away now
Appreciate 0