BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #1
brochfor
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M Competition

Charcoal Filter Removal- Worth the Effort?

Is removing the charcoal filters on my X3MC worth the effort? Anyone know of any replacement air filters available aside from Eventuri carbon fiber airbox replacement? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 08:48 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by brochfor View Post
Is removing the charcoal filters on my X3MC worth the effort? Anyone know of any replacement air filters available aside from Eventuri carbon fiber airbox replacement? Thanks!
BMC already released their drop-in.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
Parnishka259.50
      12-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #3
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
never heard about this guys. how is a quality of their products? just checked website and its just descriptions of filters and no option to purchase. chart of comparison is not that different compared to oem. so may be doesn't even make any sense to change it. don know to be honest.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13123.50
      12-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnishka View Post
Quote:
Quote:
never heard about this guys. how is a quality of their products? just checked website and its just descriptions of filters and no option to purchase. chart of comparison is not that different compared to oem. so may be doesn't even make any sense to change it. don know to be honest.
Seriously? Never heard of BMC?
They've been around before Eventuri even around.
Do you think Eventuri filter is better than BMC that has been around longer and specializes in air filters?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 11:13 PM   #5
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Seriously? Never heard of BMC?
They've been around before Eventuri even around.
Do you think Eventuri filter is better than BMC that has been around longer and specializes in air filters?
I've spoken 0 words about eventuri
it was straight question cause I've never heard about this company. not a professional mechanic or body shop to be familiar with them, sorry))
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13123.50
      12-08-2020, 06:28 AM   #6
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Is it worth it from a performance aspect? No, probably not. I did it and haven't noticed any gain in sound or butt dyno. The intake box is very well insulated already so I wasn't expecting a change. If you like to wrench yourself and have the bug/obsession to "mod," then yes, absolutely worth it. From start to finish it should take about 20-30 minutes accounting for the delicate plastic trim pieces. I haven't bought the drop-in filters but I'm considering it just for the fun of it.
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #7
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWoX3M View Post
Is it worth it from a performance aspect? No, probably not. I did it and haven't noticed any gain in sound or butt dyno. The intake box is very well insulated already so I wasn't expecting a change. If you like to wrench yourself and have the bug/obsession to "mod," then yes, absolutely worth it. From start to finish it should take about 20-30 minutes accounting for the delicate plastic trim pieces. I haven't bought the drop-in filters but I'm considering it just for the fun of it.
so u did remove charcoals?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #8
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #9
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes
no even difference in sound? or just a lil bit?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 05:10 PM   #10
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes
no even difference in sound? or just a lil bit?
I haven't noticed any inside while idling or driving. I suppose I havent tested standing outside the vehicle while someone is revving or doing a drive by
Appreciate 0