E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS in CA: 2007 335i 6MT E90, Montego Blue, 151k, M3 suspension

12-16-2020, 10:38 PM   #1
austin
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
FS in CA: 2007 335i 6MT E90, Montego Blue, 151k, M3 suspension

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hello! This ad is a bit long, I'm sorry for the read. However, I want to give an honest and thorough representation of the car. So, if you're interested please read it and I imagine it will answer most questions you might have.

The basics:
2007 BMW 335i E90, 151k miles.
- 6MT
- Montego Blue Paint
- Grey interior
- well maintained, oil changed every 5k miles.
- recently smogged, current registration and clean title in hand

I imagine you would be hard pressed to find an E90 that feels more solid than this one to drive, because nearly every mount and suspension component has been replaced under the car, mostly with OEM upgrades including a complete M3 suspension overhaul. I very much enjoy driving this thing, but I need a truck/suv so it's time to let it go and move on. I kept this thing in good mechanical condition, and honestly this one was a gem. It has never left me stranded, and has been a great car for me.

It's loaded with most options, the only option I think it's missing is the cold weather package.

Over the almost seven years I've owned the car, I've replaced quite a few parts. Every time a part was replaced, I used new OE BMW hardware (bolts/nuts etc.), and in many cases also replaced surrounding parts while it was apart. Whenever possible, the replacement parts were upgrades. Most upgrades are BMW parts, and in some cases they were aftermarket. I'll be more specific below.

Major parts replaced in the last ~30,000 miles:
- OEM Fuel injectors (x6)
- Clutch: upgraded to 355is/550i clutch with new OEM flywheel
-at the same time replaced:
-clutch delay valve removed
-driveshaft carrier bearing (OEM)
-rear main oil seal (OEM)
-Throwout Bearing (OEM)
-Pilot Bearing (OEM)
-Driveshaft guibo (OEM upgrade)
-shifter linkage bushings (harder aftermarket)
-shift lever (shiftek short shifter) also have brand new OEM shifter to give you if you don't like it.
-Transmission mounts (OEM from e46 M3, slightly harder)
-Engine mounts (OEM upgrade from 335is)
-Rear differential mounts (Whiteline Polyurethane)
-Waterpump/Thermostat (OEM)
-Radiator (OEM)
-also replaced at this time:
-Expansion tank (Rein OEM, with upgraded brass bleeder screw)
-various coolant hoses (Rein OEM i believe)
-Accessory belt, tensioner, and idler pulleys (all OEM)
-front O2 sensors
-boost solenoids
-walnut blasting

I also replaced almost all suspension parts within the last 10,000 miles. None of these parts were replaced due to a failure, I wanted to upgrade and make the car "feel" better than new.

Suspension parts upgraded/replaced:
-11-piece M3 control arm upgrade kit (complete front and rear OEM M3 control arm kit)
-ST coilover kit
-front shock mounts (OEM)
-rear strut mounts (OEM)
-adjustable rear toe arms (otherwise toe angle would be incorrect with new ride height)
-Rear trailing arms
-also pressed in new OEM bushings for the trailing arms. These are often overlooked.
-I also have a set of Whiteline polyurethane rear subframe bushings, which I have not yet installed. These are included with the car if you want them. The subframe bushings are the only rubber part under the car I have not yet replaced I believe.

Like I said above, the car drives amazing with this suspension. The steering has zero slack, and the difference in how well the car turns in is huge. The car still rides nice, and now feels absolutely planted with very little body roll in corners.

The wheels are black Apex ARC-8, all four are 17x9" ET30. I went with a square setup for the most neutral handling, and I personally love the look of the 17" wheels with meatier tires. The wheels (miraculously) have never been scratched, and never touched a curb. They're in perfect condition as far as I can tell.

To fit these wheels, the front and rear fenders were rolled, and the front bumper mount has been relocated slightly towards the center of the car to grant more room. At the current ride height, you have to try pretty hard to get it to rub. You would need to take a heavily banked corner very fast, downhill. Or hit a very big bump. Even then, the rear will never rub. If you raise the ride height just a bit I imagine the front would never rub either.

Only other upgrades currently installed:
-VRSF 7" intercooler
-Fiberglass trunk, paintmatched to the car
-OEM E90 blackline tail lights
-black front grill
-LUX LED angel eyes

Upgrades that were installed but have been removed:
-VRSF Charge pipe with Tial BOV
-VRSF catless downpipes

I also have a set of Rob Beck turbo inlets that were never installed, a spare HPFP that I kept around just in case, but have never needed, and the stock tail lights and trunk if you'd like them.

Now for all the negative things I can think of:
-there is some light sun damage on the roof paint. My plan was to cover the roof with black vinyl if I kept it.
-the fuel door does not shut completely (i have a new OEM replacement assembly I will give you)
-there is a small oil leak from the oil cooler line seals
-the turbos still work well, but they're original and probably a bit tired. (I have low-mile turbos I was going to swap in, I'll give them to you)
-the satellite radio unit went bad, so it is currently bypassed (I never used it anyway). This doesnt affect anything else related to audio.
-the headlights are a bit yellow
-the rubber coating on the steering wheel has been rubbed off a bit around the buttons.
-the tires will likely need to be replaced soon.

That's all I can think of good and bad about the car. I have email receipts for most parts I've mentioned above, except the turbos. I'm happy to answer any questions, and if you'd like pictures of something specific I can take more.

I'm a motivated seller, and am open to reasonable offers. I will not do any kind of payment deal, and the car will go to whoever shows up with the best offer and cash in hand.

Thanks for reading!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
austin
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Big price drop. A good deal I think considering I'll be giving the buyer all the parts to make it FBO including inlets, charge pipe, downpipes, low-mile replacement turbos, and a great suspension setup too.

The charge pipe and downpipes are currently not installed so it's easy for me or the buyer to smog.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 10:57 PM   #3
streetz65
Private
Rep
Drives: 14 335i m sport auto

Where in CA are you located?
Appreciate 0