BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-17-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
White340XDriveInCt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tanz M3 Comp

TPMS Question

***Update** Shop is going to put sensors in for me at a solid discount on Monday so all set! Better safe than sorry!***

So, I ordered winter wheels/tires from Tire Rack, and wanting to save a few bucks, I skipped buying the TPMS from them, thinking I could swap the ones in summer wheels out, etc. Well, the place I had them installed today was very stacked up time-wise, and when I mentioned swapping them he reminded me that tires would have to be removed, remounted/balanced, etc and he didn't have time today, would have to be next week (he crammed me in today cause I said it was just a quick changeover). So, for now, I skipped it, and of course, the TPM malfunction came on.

Question is, since this will only be 6 weeks or so before I put summers back on, is skipping the installation of sensors (other than annoying warning light) going to cause any other issues with the car? Also, can the TPM system be deactivated?

Any thoughts are appreciated, and there are the wheels/tires I had put on.
Attached Images

Last edited by White340XDriveInCt; 02-17-2021 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Edits
Appreciate 0