BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Advise and Question - LCI

02-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #1
MTHX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335XI MPerformance edition

Garage List
2018 F90M5  [0.00]
Advise and Question - LCI

Hi,

I already own a F90 2018

My new order, exterior, some kind of blue

Q1 : I have some hesitation for interior color: (i have the Aragon Brown/Black Full Merino Leather on mine right now. Love it but need some change ... )

Silverstone Full Merino Leather
and
Black/Midrand Beige Two-Tone Full Merino Leather. Don't seem to be all leather for the seats, look like some kind of alcantara on the side.

My kids and girlfriend love the white, me Midrand for maintenance purpose ... do you have problems maintaining the Silverstone?

Q2 : Audio.
Have you notice a big difference between the
Harman/Kardon® Surround Sound System and the
BOWERS AND WILKINS DIAMOND SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM for people who have try both? I like good audio but not an audiophile who listen to Beethoven, more kind of tiesto music.

Q3 : Laser headlight. Have you notice a big difference between normal and laser. In Noth America, the laser option can't reach more than 300M and in europe i think it's 600M. Is this brighter or just a nive to have feature ?

Q4 : Which option you would not lose if you had to switch to another? Which option do you regret not having taken?
Any advise ?

F30 2015 335XI MPerformance edition - Lacuna Seca Blue //

F30 2015 335XI MPerformance edition - Grey black //

F90 2018 M5 - Donington Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 09:19 AM   #2
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp RWD

Garage List
  [5.83]
Ohhh fun stuff! I dig the LCI as well.

Q2: my thoughts...I had the HK in my m5, but did get to hear the B&W as well. I also listen to electronic music and for that type of music via spotify, soundcloud, XM, the HK sounded really great for my non-audiophile ears. I now have an x5 with the HK system...does not sound as crisp and clear and full as the HK in the m5. would get HK on next m5 as well.

Q3: on my x5, I have laser lights. i did not have them on the m5.
mine is north america spec, so not full capability. i bought the option on the x5 because i liked the blue material in the headlamp assembly. not a must have for me. no difference from a lighting perspective, as far as i can tell.

if/when i order my next m5 (or maybe m3), i'll def get CCBs this go around...not for stopping power, etc, but for brake dust benefits and lower rotating mass.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 10:50 AM   #3
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

My ‘21 M5C is Tanzanite Blue with Aragon/Black interior. I do love this color combo, but some comments I will make about them are: 1) as much as I love the deep, dark color of the Tanzanite, it does show dust fairly easily, and is almost like a black, in terms of care. 2) love the interior as well, and wouldn’t change it, but the Aragon brown is almost orange. These are just nit-picks, though. The only change I might consider making would be to have gone full black interior. Love the exterior, though, and don’t regret it at all. I did briefly consider the Silverstone interior, as it looks amazing when clean (and of course, new), but I would NOT want to have to maintain that!

As for HK vs. B&W, my car has B&W, and I love it. Definitely do not regret that, even at its significant price tag premium. My suggestion would be just to listen to both, preferably using whatever music you would typically be listening to. What it comes down to is clarity in the B&W, to my ears. There are several different “sound stage” settings that you can use, which change the dynamics of the sound. It has an equalizer, but honestly it is the same as in the HK in my wife’s X7, and isn’t very extensive. But again, the big difference is the clarity in the sound. Bass response is probably the same or similar, if not seemingly a bit beefier with the HK.

I still do not know or understand what is going on with the laser headlights in the US. I have heard so many conflicting reports. Some say the car is equipped with them, but can’t use them due to a software limitation. To be honest with you, I just don’t know. This, for me, would not be a selling point.

Honestly, I regret nothing about my car, except that I do not get to drive it as much anymore, no longer having a commute to work. I love it, and only want to spend more time in it. It’s an amazing place to be! Good luck in your journey! Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 10:59 AM   #4
MTHX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335XI MPerformance edition

Garage List
2018 F90M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Ohhh fun stuff! I dig the LCI as well.

Q2: my thoughts...I had the HK in my m5, but did get to hear the B&W as well. I also listen to electronic music and for that type of music via spotify, soundcloud, XM, the HK sounded really great for my non-audiophile ears. I now have an x5 with the HK system...does not sound as crisp and clear and full as the HK in the m5. would get HK on next m5 as well.

Q3: on my x5, I have laser lights. i did not have them on the m5.
mine is north america spec, so not full capability. i bought the option on the x5 because i liked the blue material in the headlamp assembly. not a must have for me. no difference from a lighting perspective, as far as i can tell.

if/when i order my next m5 (or maybe m3), i'll def get CCBs this go around...not for stopping power, etc, but for brake dust benefits and lower rotating mass.
I never experience the CCB. I would love to have it too. Cleaning the wheel is time consuming ... lol

But my dealer told me to stay far from this option, because the climate and the winter (minus, 15 -20, -25 celcius) ... and the other thing is the gold caliper (i don't like)

People have some opinion for cold wheater for the CCB ?

F30 2015 335XI MPerformance edition - Lacuna Seca Blue //

F30 2015 335XI MPerformance edition - Grey black //

F90 2018 M5 - Donington Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 11:38 AM   #5
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

You are in Canada so laser lights are an option. I would get them if I could, but I am in the US. Laser lights are not available on the US 5 series unless you get the M5CS. That blue laser indicator just look cool.
Appreciate 0