BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-18-2021, 09:04 AM   #1
parkstr8
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 MSport Arctic Grey

Irritating Sensor Beeping

So - for months my 2020 X5 has had the front sensor beeping every time there is a change in elevation on the front.

For example - when I go over a speed bump, and the front of the car goes down on the other side of it, it beeps 3 times.

I live in Seattle, and there are steep hills. So when I am driving up a hill and come over the crest and down to level ground - beeping 3x.

It really happens all the time. I have a new rattle that just started somewhere by the rear passenger door...so I'll take it in and have them address both.

Anyone else have this beeping issue?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 03:10 PM   #2
john1200c
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkstr8 View Post
So - for months my 2020 X5 has had the front sensor beeping every time there is a change in elevation on the front.

For example - when I go over a speed bump, and the front of the car goes down on the other side of it, it beeps 3 times.

I live in Seattle, and there are steep hills. So when I am driving up a hill and come over the crest and down to level ground - beeping 3x.

It really happens all the time. I have a new rattle that just started somewhere by the rear passenger door...so I'll take it in and have them address both.

Maybe the front sensors are out of whack. I have never seen this with any of my cars.... Was it like this since you got the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 04:27 PM   #3
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkstr8 View Post

You definitely have an issue somewhere in your car with either wiring or a connector or a sensor that has come loose. When the front of your car dips down, the rear will angle up a little so the issue could be in the front or rear. Just explain the issue to the service advisor, its sounds easy enough to reproduce that they shouldn't have much of an issue finding the root cause. These kind of things can drive you crazy but they'll take care of it.
Appreciate 0