E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Air Filter Install - could this be a problem?

11-02-2008, 05:47 AM   #1
ABCBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Air Filter Install - could this be a problem?

I installed a BMS single filter on my 335i aprox 4 weeks ago. At the time the fitment was fine and I have done aprox 400 miles since the install.

I looked at the filter last night and found that the clip on the oem tube (that the filter coupler fits into) was slack. I can only presume that the filter has settled into a new position, taking the tension off the clip leaving it slack. The coupler was still inserted inside the oem tube, but the filter/coupler could be rotated inside the tube by hand.

The miles that I have done since the filter install have been generally on clean roads and the engine bay is clean. I haven't noticed any change in the engine characteristics and haven't seen any error lights/codes.

However, I am concerned that this may have caused a problem?

Any opinions out there as to whether this is lilely to have damaged anything in the engine, and is there anything I can do to check?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Nope sounds like your safe. As long as the filter was in tact and sealed byitself into the tubs even without the clamps and the conditions/miles you mentioned there is almost no way anything got threw.There is a possibility but im sure more then likely nothing. Now try to find out why this has happened and keep an eye on the clamp from now on to make sure it doesnt happen again.