BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Issues with preset sxm radio

07-11-2021, 07:42 AM   #1
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Is anyone else having issue where the car keeps going to regular sxm instead of your preset favorites? I change stations and it just goes to the next sequential station rather than my preset. I change it to my preset, it's good only for the scroll then a few moments later it goes off my preset and back to sequential. Very frustrating. Not sure if it's because of the software upgrade, but this never happened before the upgrade. It's like the default option is regular satellite radio instead of presets and it won't let me keep it at presets. When I start the car, it's also commonly switched off presets.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
davids2954
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
Is anyone else having issue where the car keeps going to regular sxm instead of your preset favorites? I change stations and it just goes to the next sequential station rather than my preset. I change it to my preset, it's good only for the scroll then a few months later it goes off my preset and back to sequential. Very frustrating. Not sure if it's because of the software upgrade, but this never happened before the upgrade. It's like the default option is regular satellite radio instead of presets and it won't let me keep it at presets. When I start the car, it's also commonly switched off presets.
I have had it happen 3-4 times but not regularly as you describe.
2021 X7
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 06:48 PM   #3
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids2954 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
Is anyone else having issue where the car keeps going to regular sxm instead of your preset favorites? I change stations and it just goes to the next sequential station rather than my preset. I change it to my preset, it's good only for the scroll then a few months later it goes off my preset and back to sequential. Very frustrating. Not sure if it's because of the software upgrade, but this never happened before the upgrade. It's like the default option is regular satellite radio instead of presets and it won't let me keep it at presets. When I start the car, it's also commonly switched off presets.
I have had it happen 3-4 times but not regularly as you describe.
So I just noticed it resets if I use the phone. Apparently if I get a call, message or if I'm using waze then it resets and is no longer on preset.
Appreciate 0