Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Waiting on my M340i

08-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
Wht340i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Waiting on my M340i

Hi everyone. I’m new to the G20 forum so looking for some help. Last week I ordered a 2021 M340 to replace my 2018 340i from a local dealer. My dealer made a deal with another out of state dealer to get the car and specs I wanted. My sales person just text me that the cars status is “Processed” however not yet shipped. He told me that the status wont change till it goes to the next step of “Delivered to the carrier” He’s claiming it can flip to the next step any day. From what you guys have seen is this true or can this take a long time? Said its in Baltimore right now. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 10:22 PM   #2
ST6IX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340

If I'm understanding correctly, your car is still at port and not even in the other dealer's lot yet. So if the car doesn't have a RAM stop sale or is waiting for a camera retrofit, it should be in transit in a day or two.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 11:58 PM   #3
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST6IX View Post
If I'm understanding correctly, your car is still at port and not even in the other dealer's lot yet. So if the car doesn't have a RAM stop sale or is waiting for a camera retrofit, it should be in transit in a day or two.
Thanks! I did ask if there was a stop sale and he said there wasn't so I’m hoping that it wont be long till it ships out to my local dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 08:50 AM   #4
galaxiez2020
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wht340i View Post
Thanks! I did ask if there was a stop sale and he said there wasn't so I’m hoping that it wont be long till it ships out to my local dealer.
I'm in same boat, still waiting for my M340i in Baltimore VPC. Mine has been released to carrier for a while (couple weeks), but should be on a truck soon. The waiting drove me mad, but I'm calmer now knowing it should be coming soon.

I would call BMW genius and give them your VIN for an update. They will probably tell you what you already know, but you can confirm what stage it is in. Ultimately, the dealer has the most updated info, so you should ask them for more details.

Keep in mind, once released to carrier, it still takes a while to get picked up.. And once it arrives at dealer, they have to inspect it which takes another couple days. So be patient. It hurts. I know.

Where's your M340i going, btw?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 03:51 PM   #5
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiez2020 View Post
I'm in same boat, still waiting for my M340i in Baltimore VPC. Mine has been released to carrier for a while (couple weeks), but should be on a truck soon. The waiting drove me mad, but I'm calmer now knowing it should be coming soon.

I would call BMW genius and give them your VIN for an update. They will probably tell you what you already know, but you can confirm what stage it is in. Ultimately, the dealer has the most updated info, so you should ask them for more details.

Keep in mind, once released to carrier, it still takes a while to get picked up.. And once it arrives at dealer, they have to inspect it which takes another couple days. So be patient. It hurts. I know.

Where's your M340i going, btw?
Thanks for your update. I hope it somehow gets to me sooner. The car will be going to my dealer in a suburb of Chicago IL.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #6
galaxiez2020
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your update. I hope it somehow gets to me sooner. The car will be going to my dealer in a suburb of Chicago IL.
Yeah, this is the hardest part haha. And if you're tracking on MyGarage just try not to refresh the page every 5 minutes like I did. It doesn't even update that frequently anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, this is the hardest part haha. And if you're tracking on MyGarage just try not to refresh the page every 5 minutes like I did. It doesn't even update that frequently anyway.
Lmao! Thanks I’ll try to restrain myself.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 04:38 PM   #8
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Here is the current info from the BMW site.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 05:26 PM   #9
GRB60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i X-Drive Convertible

Sorry to tell you this, but based on the status page you posted, the car is built and ready to leave the factory. It's got to go to the port, then go aboard ship then to the receiving port.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 05:29 PM   #10
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB60 View Post
Sorry to tell you this, but based on the status page you posted, the car is built and ready to leave the factory. It's got to go to the port, then go aboard ship then to the receiving port.
Dealer said it’s in Baltimore. Doesn’t that mean its already in the USA? I’m confused. Do you think I can get my deposit back if this is going to take long? Another dealer has one they can sell me.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 10:50 PM   #11
ST6IX
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Dealer said it’s in Baltimore. Doesn’t that mean its already in the USA? I’m confused. Do you think I can get my deposit back if this is going to take long? Another dealer has one they can sell me.
Yea the dealer lied about it being in Baltimore, the car is either in germany waiting to be shipped here, or its in Mexico waiting to be shipped. If it was it here, the car would either be at the 3rd to last or 4th to last step (forget exactly). Either way you're probably looking at a 2 weeks to a month wait time. And you should be able to get your deposit back since you're dealer lied to you by saying its in baltimore.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 12:33 AM   #12
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yea the dealer lied about it being in Baltimore, the car is either in germany waiting to be shipped here, or its in Mexico waiting to be shipped. If it was it here, the car would either be at the 3rd to last or 4th to last step (forget exactly). Either way you're probably looking at a 2 weeks to a month wait time. And you should be able to get your deposit back since you're dealer lied to you by saying its in baltimore.
That’s not good news. Not sure I can wait a month with having to sell my 2018 model soon. I think I’m good till the end of this month however I will have to make a decision at the end of this week if I don't see any movement. Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 01:23 PM   #13
GRB60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i X-Drive Convertible

If the other dealer has one that you'd be happy with in stock, that's your best bet. If not, start waiting and know that you're not alone.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 10:41 PM   #14
galaxiez2020
Rep

Quote:
Here is the current info from the BMW site.

Yeah... that's weird man. Idk why they said it's in Baltimore. It would be at the third or fourth to last step if it were. Yours seems like it's leaving the factory in Germany or Mexico.. At least another month or so.

I would call and get answers. Did you call BMW Genius too?

Hopefully it's a major glitch in the system, but seems unlikely.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 10:46 PM   #15
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah... that's weird man. Idk why they said it's in Baltimore. It would be at the third or fourth to last step if it were. Yours seems like it's leaving the factory in Germany or Mexico.. At least another month or so.

I would call and get answers. Did you call BMW Genius too?

Hopefully it's a major glitch in the system, but seems unlikely.
I called the Genius and they said the same thing I see online. Its a North America car so who knows when this will make it. Waiting to hear back from the other dealer and then giving my current dealer a week or two to figure out what they can do for me. I know it will be a nightmare to get my $1000 deposit back.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 09:52 AM   #16
ST6IX
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I called the Genius and they said the same thing I see online. Its a North America car so who knows when this will make it. Waiting to hear back from the other dealer and then giving my current dealer a week or two to figure out what they can do for me. I know it will be a nightmare to get my $1000 deposit back.
If I were in your shoes I would demand for my deposit back for straight up lying about the location of the car and threaten to leave a bad review. You have no idea when the car will be here exactly, and even when it arrives you won't know if it will need camera retrofits or a RAM stop sale. Either of those problems could push the delivery timeline by an extra month. Even if you wait a week or two to see what the dealer can do, they most likely won't be able to do anything since they have no control over the issues I mentioned nor the shipping schedule to the US. I also wouldn't want to be working with a dealer that lies to me about the location to sell a car. I would get on the line to the dealer with the car on the lot immediately and buy it. Idk the location market you are in, but m340s near me don't even last a week on the lot.

Last edited by ST6IX; 08-13-2021 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:44 PM   #17
galaxiez2020
Rep

Quote:
If I were in your shoes I would demand for my deposit back for straight up lying about the location of the car and threaten to leave a bad review. You have no idea when the car will be here exactly, and even when it arrives you won't know if it will need camera retrofits or a RAM stop sale. Either of those problems could push the delivery timeline by an extra month. Even if you wait a week or two to see what the dealer can do, they most likely won't be able to do anything since they have no control over the issues I mentioned nor the shipping schedule to the US. I also wouldn't want to be working with a dealer that lies to me about the location to sell a car. I would get on the line to the dealer with the car on the lot immediately and buy it. Idk the location market you are in, but m340s near me don't even last a week on the lot.

^^^ This.

Seriously though, the dealer seemed to straight up lie about the car's location. That's unacceptable. Get your deposit back dude. Let us know what their explanation was for lying to begin with. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 12:26 AM   #18
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Quote:
^^^ This.

Seriously though, the dealer seemed to straight up lie about the car's location. That's unacceptable. Get your deposit back dude. Let us know what their explanation was for lying to begin with. Good luck. Keep us posted.
After going back and reading my text back and forth with the sales guy I guess he technically didn’t say it was currently in Baltimore. He said thats where it will come from however still bothers me that I keep checking with this forum and BMW Genus to find out what’s going on with the car.

Also the other car I was looking at turns out didn’t have the harman kardon sound system so I’m no longer interested. They have another one however its coming out to be more than I want to spend. The one I’m waiting for has everything I want with a MSRP of $65k the other one they have is $69k and not discounting it as much. Kind of stuck unless I change my mind and keep my current 340i.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 01:25 AM   #19
galaxiez2020
Rep

Quote:
After going back and reading my text back and forth with the sales guy I guess he technically didn’t say it was currently in Baltimore. He said thats where it will come from however still bothers me that I keep checking with this forum and BMW Genus to find out what’s going on with the car.

Also the other car I was looking at turns out didn’t have the harman kardon sound system so I’m no longer interested. They have another one however its coming out to be more than I want to spend. The one I’m waiting for has everything I want with a MSRP of $65k the other one they have is $69k and not discounting it as much. Kind of stuck unless I change my mind and keep my current 340i.

Honestly, I'm a music lover and have had Harman Kardon in my two past BMWs. This new one didn't have it. And i was so scared it would sound like shit. Guess what, it doesn't. It sounds pretty decent. Not the greatest, but good enough. (Oh and I just got my car today... feels amazing). The wait was hell.

Anyways, at the end of the day, you're in a M340i.. Who cares if its missing an option or two. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 09:00 AM   #20
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Honestly, I'm a music lover and have had Harman Kardon in my two past BMWs. This new one didn't have it. And i was so scared it would sound like shit. Guess what, it doesn't. It sounds pretty decent. Not the greatest, but good enough. (Oh and I just got my car today... feels amazing). The wait was hell.

Anyways, at the end of the day, you're in a M340i.. Who cares if its missing an option or two. Just my opinion.
In terms of in-car sound systems, in my very non-audiophile opinion, BMW does not have the best experience regardless of type of system.

I had an ACURA TL for a number of years and the sound system in that car, was one of the best that I have personally experienced and there is no upgraded option.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 09:41 AM   #21
galaxiez2020
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmershly View Post
In terms of in-car sound systems, in my very non-audiophile opinion, BMW does not have the best experience regardless of type of system.

I had an ACURA TL for a number of years and the sound system in that car, was one of the best that I have personally experienced and there is no upgraded option.
I agree. It's certainly not the best. But it is definitely acceptable. It has sufficient bass. But definitely could be much better, no question.

Last edited by galaxiez2020; 08-14-2021 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #22
Wht340i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmershly View Post

I had a loaner with the standard audio and wasn’t impressed at all. For what these cars cost I’m not going to settle. As for the harman kardon system its not the best I’ve heard in a car however for under $1000 its a great upgrade especially after adjusting the EQ settings. I spend enough time on the road going to work so I wont settle and buy any of these cars without it.
Appreciate 1
Blado24.00