BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-23-2021, 04:39 AM   #1
macerlend
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Interior trim and wheels

Hi there,

I have ordered a 45e Arctic Grau recently, and hopefully it will get in production in September - for delievery in December.
But I`m so in doubt about the interior trim, what I should go for. I have Black Merino leather, and Glass package.

The black piano is very nice, but I guess swirls will come quickly. The Carbon Fibre is also looking good, but I wonder if it will get "boring" after some times..?
And in my present car, an Audi A6 allroad - I have black leather and dark wood trim. A brilliant combination.

Is here anyone who have photos of the "Fine-wood trim 'Fineline Stripe' brown high-gloss" and Black leather combiantion? I would really appreciate. In the configurator, it is difficult to see proper photo. And when I google it, it seems like there are some yellow horizontal strips..

I have ordered the 21" bi-colour 741 wheels for summer tires, and I am not sure about the winter tires.
Should I go for 20" bi-colour or black 740 wheels?

Thanks

Last edited by macerlend; 08-23-2021 at 04:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:50 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
I've seen recent reports of the Fineline trim being removed from orders due to no supply and replaced with something else, usually the Poplar matte trim.

I have an AG, with Coffee leather and aluminum tetragon trim. I'm a fan of matte finishes due to showing less fingerprints and fine scratches than gloss.

can't go wrong with either of those wheel choices but do consider: staggered vs square, tire availability, storage options, tire rotation, etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
IrishSpuds
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3 Series, Vette C6 GS, X5 M50i

I went with AG, Cognac and carbon fiber. Pick up this Friday.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #4
macerlend
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Thanks for your reply.

I ended up with AG, black leather and Fine Wood Brown. According to the dealer, that was no problem. Unfrotunately, when confirming from Germany - it was not. So I ended up with black piano. I guess it will be an awesome car anyway

I will probably also end up with black wheels.
Appreciate 0