BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-14-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

6MT SPY available (MD/DC)

FYI, there's a lightly-used '21 Base/6MT G80 available at BMW Silver Spring:

https://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/us...1ba4617211.htm

The price listed is misleading, stating an MSRP of $86,995 and an "Internet Price" of $84,501. But if you dig a little deeper, you see the original sticker was $79k (when new). This has 2748 miles on the odo.

I spoke with a CA there yesterday, and told him I'm trying to decide between the Base and Competition, and that this color and spec were not exactly what I would order, but I was still interested in seeing the car and driving it to get a better feel for the manual (since reviews have been inconsistent on this point). He was very agreeable and we had an appointment. He also explained the pricing, admitting there is a "market adjustment" being applied. So that $87k figure is purely fictional and just there to make the $84.5k figure more palatable.

On my way there today, the CA called and said the sales manager stopped him (it was parked inside the showroom) and said test drives are only possible with a pending sales contract. So I aborted in frustration.

Anyway, if anyone in the region is interested, it's available.
      09-14-2021, 03:07 PM   #2
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
FYI, there's a lightly-used '21 Base/6MT G80 available at BMW Silver Spring:

https://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/us...1ba4617211.htm

The price listed is misleading, stating an MSRP of $86,995 and an "Internet Price" of $84,501. But if you dig a little deeper, you see the original sticker was $79k (when new). This has 2748 miles on the odo.

I spoke with a CA there yesterday, and told him I'm trying to decide between the Base and Competition, and that this color and spec were not exactly what I would order, but I was still interested in seeing the car and driving it to get a better feel for the manual (since reviews have been inconsistent on this point). He was very agreeable and we had an appointment. He also explained the pricing, admitting there is a "market adjustment" being applied. So that $87k figure is purely fictional and just there to make the $84.5k figure more palatable.

On my way there today, the CA called and said the sales manager stopped him (it was parked inside the showroom) and said test drives are only possible with a pending sales contract. So I aborted in frustration.

Anyway, if anyone in the region is interested, it's available.
The manual isn't the best but it isn't a deal breaker. It's still quite a lot of fun to drive.
Appreciate 1