E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i throttle lag/ knotch

10-01-2021, 03:47 PM   #1
Joshd63
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 F32 430d

335i throttle lag/ knotch

Hi all

Fairly new to the N54 so was hoping youse could help

I've got a 07 72k mile MHD stage 2+ FBO 335i and I've noticed that when the throttle pedal is pressed and held to say 20% the power will be there as usual but then all of a sudden it feels as if I've floored the throttle pedal and there's a load more power even when the throttle remains at 20% and I don't move my foot.

Another way of putting it feels like I've pressed the accelerator to 20%, held it there then someone has flipped an imaginary nos switch and the power increases significantly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I should add this isn't turbo lag I am 100% certain of that as the rpm's are too low and it's sudden.

Also it is due to get a leaky injector replaced… could it be this?

Appreciate any help

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshd63 View Post
Hi all

Fairly new to the N54 so was hoping youse could help

I've got a 07 72k mile MHD stage 2+ FBO 335i and I've noticed that when the throttle pedal is pressed and held to say 20% the power will be there as usual but then all of a sudden it feels as if I've floored the throttle pedal and there's a load more power even when the throttle remains at 20% and I don't move my foot.

Another way of putting it feels like I've pressed the accelerator to 20%, held it there then someone has flipped an imaginary nos switch and the power increases significantly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I should add this isn't turbo lag I am 100% certain of that as the rpm's are too low and it's sudden.

Also it is due to get a leaky injector replaced… could it be this?

Appreciate any help

Thanks
I also experience this sometimes. I am pretty sure it is boost solenoids being a little weird at light throttle. When they need replacing they can be inconsistent.
If you are not experiencing any other issues like extra boost lag then these are probably the culprit.
They are pretty cheap on fcp. I would replace both those and all vacuum lines if you haven't already. These are normal maintenance items.
      10-02-2021, 08:00 AM   #3
trb1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Look up throttle desensitizing
Appreciate 0