E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dmtl pump full of fuel and fuel tank randomly pressurizing

01-08-2022, 09:20 AM   #1
Kai_Tennyson
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Dmtl pump full of fuel and fuel tank randomly pressurizing

Hey everyone, this all started when I tried filling my 2007 335i up for fuel, it randomly started spewing out fuel, so I replaced the evap valve in the front and it went away for a bit, but the pump still cancelled 10-20 times before I could fill it up. After this fill up the car started running bad, checked the charcoal filter and dmtl and they were full of fuel, makes sense maybe when it overflowed they got filled. Well now I’m on my third charcoal canister and dmtl pump and it keeps happening, I disconnected the dmtl from the fuel tank and it filled perfectly fine and didn’t cancel once, but I once again killed another charcoal filter last night, I’ve cleaned all the lines out and checked them for leaks and still nothing, my vent seems to be clear but for some reason the gas gap leaks fuel after a long drive if I open it, and the vent hose from the tank to the dmtl leaks a ton of fuel. Any ideas ?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 10:14 AM   #2
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Have you tried a different has station? Maybe the station you are using has pumps that put out more volume/pressure than normal??
Appreciate 0