01-28-2022, 02:53 AM   #1
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Ordered my iX today

So today was the day. My iX build order is in and confirmed as BMW New Zealand order number 32! Currently looking at a May/June delivery. Pretty excited, not going to lie! My order specs are below:

* Xdrive 40 MSport
* Mineral White Metallic (A96)
* 22" Aerodynamic wheels 1020 Bicolour 3D (1LD)
* Amido Black Leather Interior (SCHA)
* ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE
- Sky Lounge Panorama Roof (407)
- Soft Close Doors (323)
- Laser Lights (5AZ)
* Active Ventilated Seats (453)

I had the option to forward purchase a dealer demonstrator but that car has the crystal interior appliques which I really don't like and lacks ventilated seats. I figured I'd be better served just ordering the spec I want.
Attached Images

AlexFL7842.50
asrgt40.50
02M3ForMe4267.50
Paladin15610.00
      01-28-2022, 09:45 AM   #2
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Very sharp looking. I went back and forth on going with white. We've owned several white vehicles over the years and I always admired how well white hides dirt. This time we ordered our iX in Storm Bay Metallic for something different.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 12:40 PM   #3
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Very sharp looking. I went back and forth on going with white. We've owned several white vehicles over the years and I always admired how well white hides dirt. This time we ordered our iX in Storm Bay Metallic for something different.
Such a great colour the Storm Bay! An out of town dealer has a white iX which I might just go an see today, so I can get a feel for the white in person.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 09:30 PM   #4
rothen3
Rep
Drives: MY16 audi TTS MTM sonoma green

Looks fantastic! I ordered in white also, but since I equipped with the pretty expensive bowers wilkins I had to skip some nice features like the laser led or the bigger wheels. I can't even find pics of the IX with the 20 inches wheels honestly.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 11:15 PM   #5
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothen3 View Post
Looks fantastic! I ordered in white also, but since I equipped with the pretty expensive bowers wilkins I had to skip some nice features like the laser led or the bigger wheels. I can't even find pics of the IX with the 20 inches wheels honestly.
We don’t get the 20”s on our local model. 22s are standard. I was contemplating the B&W sound too. In our market it costs the same as the Enhancement Pack and in the end the pano roof was the decider for me :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 11:07 PM   #6
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
My SA today informed me that we're losing the massage function for the passenger seat. BMW is offering a NZ$800 (US$530) discount on the iX as a result. Not super thrilled about this but I guess it's a sign of the times.
      02-08-2022, 07:49 AM   #7
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
My SA today informed me that we're losing the massage function for the passenger seat. BMW is offering a NZ$800 (US$530) discount on the iX as a result. Not super thrilled about this but I guess it's a sign of the times.
That's interesting. This is a custom-ordered, built to spec car (I assume no lot cars in NZ yet). If you really want an electric and are ready to jump in (or have or have owned an electric), or aren't particularly interested in a particular feature, or as you say, generously recognizing the times we live in, good to go and congrats. I'm just about to order myself. But I'm a hair away from not. The reason I spec a car is because if I'm going to spend north of $100k USD on a car, I want to get exactly what I ordered. Otherwise I'd wait and pick a lot car (referring to the petrol world). BMW has listed the features they offer online, so I'm assuming they have them or expect to get them, understanding it might take more time and a longer wait. But I expect to get what I ordered. Deletions, announced and unannounced, have become too common in the Bay Em Vay welt, and have reduced much of their petrol product line to "just another car," and not just another luxury car. That doesn't seem as pervasive with other auto manufacturers. My current BMW has every option I ordered, and virtually every option offered on a MY20 X5 - including the uncommon like Night Vision, B&W, custom Full Leather and the Luggage Package - because that's what I wanted (all now no longer available on any petrol X5 in the US). This would be my first electric, and right now, guarded optimism. It won't be, if I see this from Bavaria, and I can wait. Best on your purchase however, and look forward to your driving report!

Last edited by Paladin1; 02-08-2022 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 08:10 AM   #8
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Quote:
On my US-spec build where I have all options checked, my order sheet shows “48Z Passenger Lumbar Delete” with a credit of -$175. Sign of the times indeed.

Oddly enough, “4FM Multi-functional Seats” as part of the $4K Premium Package which includes massage seats is still included. I was under the impression that massage functionality used the lumbar air bladders, or at least it does in my Audi, which leads me to think that wouldn’t a lumbar delete also result in loss of massage functionaility? Although it could be that in the iX, seat massage might use an entirely different mechanism independent of the lumbar support.
      02-08-2022, 08:36 AM   #9
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
On my US-spec build where I have all options checked, my order sheet shows “48Z Passenger Lumbar Delete” with a credit of -$175. Sign of the times indeed.

Oddly enough, “4FM Multi-functional Seats” as part of the $4K Premium Package which includes massage seats is still included. I was under the impression that massage functionality used the lumbar air bladders, or at least it does in my Audi, which leads me to think that wouldn’t a lumbar delete also result in loss of massage functionaility? Although it could be that in the iX, seat massage might use an entirely different mechanism independent of the lumbar support.
The Passenger Lumbar Delete occurs when you select the Premium Package (I assume because it's included in the multifunction seats that are part of that package, and is otherwise standard).
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 10:40 AM   #10
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
That's interesting. This is a custom-ordered, built to spec car (I assume no lot cars in NZ yet). If you really want an electric and are ready to jump in (or have or have owned an electric), or aren't particularly interested in a particular feature, or as you say, generously recognizing the times we live in, good to go and congrats. I'm just about to order myself. But I'm a hair away from not. The reason I spec a car is because if I'm going to spend north of $100k USD on a car, I want to get exactly what I ordered. Otherwise I'd wait and pick a lot car (referring to the petrol world). BMW has listed the features they offer online, so I'm assuming they have them or expect to get them, understanding it might take more time and a longer wait. But I expect to get what I ordered. Deletions, announced and unannounced, have become too common in the Bay Em Vay welt, and have reduced much of their petrol product line to "just another car," and not just another luxury car. That doesn't seem as pervasive with other auto manufacturers. My current BMW has every option I ordered, and virtually every option offered on a MY20 X5 - including the uncommon like Night Vision, B&W, custom Full Leather and the Luggage Package - because that's what I wanted (all now no longer available on any petrol X5 in the US). This would be my first electric, and right now, guarded optimism. It won't be, if I see this from Bavaria, and I can wait. Best on your purchase however, and look forward to your driving report!
Yes it’s a custom order and no not my first electric. The delete is happening no matter how the car is optioned and is affecting pretty much every model line BMW offers bar the 7 and 8.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 10:42 AM   #11
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post

Yup thats exactly how they work which is why I asked my SA to get confirmation in writing of what exactly is deleted (massage or massage and lumbar). FWIW multi-function seats with massage are standard equipment on the iX in New Zealand.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 11:09 AM   #12
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yup thats exactly how they work which is why I asked my SA to get confirmation in writing of what exactly is deleted (massage or massage and lumbar). FWIW multi-function seats with massage are standard equipment on the iX in New Zealand.
Except for the passenger seat.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 10:31 PM   #13
asrgt
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Congrats on the purchase hugo_nz

I also placed an order last month for almost identical spec minus the crystal effects.
I went in wanting to hate the IX honestly and after a day with the car fell in love.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 01:09 AM   #14
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrgt View Post
Congrats on the purchase hugo_nz

I also placed an order last month for almost identical spec minus the crystal effects.
I went in wanting to hate the IX honestly and after a day with the car fell in love.
I ended up adding the clear and bold crystal appliqué in the end for future resale value. And yeah, much like you I didn’t care much for the iX at the initial launch but over time I grew to appreciate the design. I will say though I wish they carried over the grille from the concept car to the production model.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 01:48 AM   #15
NiallG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX xDrive40 Sport

Congrats - sounds like the wait time isn't too bad in NZ. The AU dealer told me a couple of weeks ago they have pretty much exhausted their allocations for Australia now & many people will be waiting until next year.

After having a loaner IX3 for 2 weeks (due to issues with IX) I was so happy to get the IX back, it's just so much nicer vs anything else I've ever driven. Pretty much like going from economy to first class - I had that 'wow' feeling all over again first day back with it.

What's the pricing like over there? Do you have a lot of gov taxes like Australia (was ~ AUD$34k in GST/LCT/Stamp Duty) - Luxury Car Tax being the worst here ($18k of this).
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 02:32 AM   #16
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallG View Post
Congrats - sounds like the wait time isn't too bad in NZ. The AU dealer told me a couple of weeks ago they have pretty much exhausted their allocations for Australia now & many people will be waiting until next year.

After having a loaner IX3 for 2 weeks (due to issues with IX) I was so happy to get the IX back, it's just so much nicer vs anything else I've ever driven. Pretty much like going from economy to first class - I had that 'wow' feeling all over again first day back with it.

What's the pricing like over there? Do you have a lot of gov taxes like Australia (was ~ AUD$34k in GST/LCT/Stamp Duty) - Luxury Car Tax being the worst here ($18k of this).
Yeah I also heard an unconfirmed report that BMW will only build the current allocation and then resume production in 2023.

I don’t actually know the price breakdown details but we aren’t taxed nearly as heavily as you folks. The xDrive40 starts at $163900 here. Only thing we pay over and above optional extras (obviously) is on road costs ($1100).

Quality wise I agree. I’ve owned 5, 6 and 7 series BMWs as well as Mercedes CLS and E-Class and the iX beats all of them. Can’t wait to step out of the e-tron and into the iX for good. My car is currently sitting at Bremerhaven waiting to board a ship.
Appreciate 2
Paladin15610.00
Ditlow42.50
      04-12-2022, 09:17 PM   #17
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
She's on her way! My SA let me know today that the ETA in New Zealand is May 25th
sor3113.50
      04-12-2022, 11:14 PM   #18
Ceph299
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i

Quote:
She's on her way! My SA let me know today that the ETA in New Zealand is May 25th
Congrats!! Excited for you! It's probably been a long wait for you (it sure has been for me, and mine just began production). Do you remember when yours entered the "Production Begins" phase?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 12:28 AM   #19
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Haha not a long wait at all. Ordered on January 28th and order confirmed by BMW same day. Production lock on February 16th. Production completed March 3rd.
      04-13-2022, 06:13 AM   #20
TheIX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5

Quote:
Congratulations! You're going to love it
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 01:36 PM   #21
Ceph299
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i

Quote:
Haha not a long wait at all. Ordered on January 28th and order confirmed by BMW same day. Production lock on February 16th. Production completed March 3rd.
Wow!! I ordered in November (took the slot of a canceled June preorder though) and mine just began production. I hope mine somehow ships right after its May 25th projected completion date lol, to still make it for the projected June delivery.
Appreciate 0