BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2022, 09:34 PM   #1
edspeedy
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Question which is easier to have a good discount? Inventory or order?

Live here in the southern New England area. personally dont mind waiting for a month or two if have to place a new order.

Just wonder whether dealers more likely to give discount for new ones or ones in the inventory?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by edspeedy View Post
Live here in the southern New England area. personally dont mind waiting for a month or two if have to place a new order.

Just wonder whether dealers more likely to give discount for new ones or ones in the inventory?
Unlikely to get much of a discount, if at all. They can't build them fast enough as is and there are plenty of dealerships out there that are months deep into allocation wait lists.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 09:48 PM   #3
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

It all depends on the dealer, timing etc. In most instances the discount is similar bit there are some dealers that discount custom orders more while others discount inventory. As mentioned, in this market you are unlikely to get much, if any, discount on either.
      01-30-2022, 01:50 PM   #4
pistolpuma
Registered
Rep
Drives: E93

Don't settle. Deals are out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
Shawn_M3 2023
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpuma View Post
Don't settle. Deals are out there.
I agree! Just have numbers that define a good deal for you so you can ask for them. Otherwise nobody will negotiate with themselves
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:18 PM   #6
VK335M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335 M Sport

Quote:

If you want to travel to Virginia, I can hook you up with a sales guy who will work with you and give you a discount of an order.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:30 PM   #7
edspeedy
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK335M View Post
If you want to travel to Virginia, I can hook you up with a sales guy who will work with you and give you a discount of an order.
thx! could he ship the car to my home?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:52 PM   #8
rpm50i
Private
Rep
Drives: x5 m50i (in build)

timing is the key lately. I hit a decent discount on the last day of the year.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 07:37 AM   #9
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i; X5 45e

Quote:

I don't know about the different regions, etc., but I felt like we were pretty fortunate to get 1% on our custom order (allocation). You're basically trading higher trade-in values for no discounts. You might be able to get more elsewhere, but for me, I was able to get 1% at a dealer within 90 minutes of home. Once you get far enough away that you have to consider shipping cost or flying to pick up, not worth the extra discount (to me personally).

NOW, if I could find a dealer that would sell it to me somewhere cool like MT, UT, CO, and turn it into a fun roadtrip on the way home, I'd consider that! Win win. Discount pays for the vacay.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 10:38 AM   #10
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENCBimmer View Post
I don't know about the different regions, etc., but I felt like we were pretty fortunate to get 1% on our custom order (allocation). You're basically trading higher trade-in values for no discounts. You might be able to get more elsewhere, but for me, I was able to get 1% at a dealer within 90 minutes of home. Once you get far enough away that you have to consider shipping cost or flying to pick up, not worth the extra discount (to me personally).

NOW, if I could find a dealer that would sell it to me somewhere cool like MT, UT, CO, and turn it into a fun roadtrip on the way home, I'd consider that! Win win. Discount pays for the vacay.
Pretty much this. I found a BMW Dealer who was doing the Costco Program (MSRP -$750), but their allocations weren't any faster than the local ones, and shipping it would have been $600-$1000, so it was a wash.

We ended up ordering from a dealer further away with the help of a forum member who had almost immediate allocation for MSRP, but with the PCD, we'll make a trip out of it on our way back home to Texas.
Appreciate 0