BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

02-04-2022, 10:28 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

BMWNA & Electrify America Announce 2-Years Complimentary 30 Min Charging for BMW iX

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW of North America and Electrify America Announce Collaboration Providing Two Years Complimentary 30-minute Charging for BMW EV Customers
COMMENTS
Name:  P90450401_highRes_bmw-of-north-america.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  487.1 KB

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – February 4, 2022… BMW of North America and Electrify America today announced an agreement to provide 2022 BMW EV customers with two years of 30-minute complimentary charging sessions at all Electrify America public charging stations, from the date of vehicle purchase. The program will launch with the sale of the new all-electric BMW iX xDrive50, BMW i4 eDrive40 and BMW i4 M50 in March. With no additional cost to the vehicle’s purchase price, customers will immediately have access to complimentary charging at more than 3,000 Electrify America chargers across the U.S. With the power of Electrify America’s ultra-fast charging network, drivers will be able to charge up even the largest BMW all-electric vehicles with ease. Additional models and benefits will be announced.

“The collaboration with Electrify America is one more step on our road towards a sustainable future,” said Sebastian Mackensen, president and CEO, BMW of North America. “Charging availability is a key feature when it comes to electric vehicles. We’re excited to offer our customers access to charging that is fast, affordable and convenient, as we launch the next generation of all-electric from BMW.”

Utilizing in-car navigation, the myBMWappTM or the Electrify America app, BMW drivers will be able to effortlessly and reliably locate nearby charging stations, verify charger availability, and navigate to the charging stations.

“This is a very exciting time as more drivers are turning to e-mobility for their transportation needs to travel around town and across the country,” said Giovanni Palazzo, president and CEO of Electrify America. “Our coast-to-coast network of ultra-fast chargers is growing every week with more charging stations which are ready to welcome new owners of electric vehicles from BMW. We are delighted to collaborate with such a prestigious automotive brand.”

Electrify America operates the largest open network of ultra-fast chargers in the U.S. The company’s ultra-fast chargers are capable of delivering from 150 kilowatts (kW) to 350kW – the fastest charging speed available today. This can allow BMW iX and BMW i4 drivers to charge up to between 90 and 108 miles in as little as 10 minutes, respectively. Electrify America has 800 EV charging stations and about 3,500 individual ultra-fast chargers open or with construction completed in the U.S. By 2026, the company plans to more than double its infrastructure with 1,800 charging stations comprised of 10,000 individual chargers in the United States and Canada.

For more information about electric vehicle charging, please visit https://www.electrifyamerica.com.

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #2
av0789
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 F80

Great news! Similar to the free charging (although 3 years) for the Taycan.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 12:34 PM   #3
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

I was on the fence about placing my order but will admit that this little bit of news, despite not really impacting my EV use case that much, has definitely sent me over the edge and made me pull the trigger on the iX order.

Sometimes that's all it takes haha. Good job BMW NA, for allowing me to be more decisive

I was previously thinking: Ok maybe I'll just get a Taycan Cross Turismo instead of the iX with it's shorter range and smaller battery because at least it has 800V architecture and has free DC charging for a few years with EA. But BMW, you got me now...
      02-06-2022, 03:47 AM   #4
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
The funny thing about BMW is that they offer great things for the US market, but not in their home market...
In Europe you can get a BMW charge card, and save a few cents per kW...for one year. That's it! No free charging! No special credit on the card! Nothing!
I'm happy for the US customers though
Just did a 250 mile trip here in Germany using the BMW Charge card with my new i3s...cost was 30 Euro! Cheaper than German fuel, but far from cheap!
Appreciate 0