E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Having issue with the K-CAN cable on INPA

02-14-2022, 02:02 PM   #1
NasiLemak
Rep
Drives: BMW 325xi

Having issue with the K-CAN cable on INPA

Hi everyone,

I just recently purchase a KCAN cable. The cable was purchased from https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MD1MSH3/. I have downloaded the BMW Standard tool program into my computer. I have set it up based on the steps given and even have the chassis data installed. However, when I plug the KCAN cable into my computer, the INPA didn’t register anything from the vehicle. Turn my vehicle ON with engine off, and on with engine running, still didn’t work. I checked my computer device program and it said it registered my cable in the system.

On the other hand, when I tried to run the BMW coding tool to select the SP-Daten source and upload the chassis code data in the system. I couldn’t get it to run and it keeps prompting the image attached below. I only downloaded the chassis code my vehicle is which is a E90 and downloaded the e89 file (since that’s the recommended chassis code to use for E90) with all the following folders (cfgdat, data, daten, ecu, format, kmmData, sgdat, work) in it.

So I was wondering what could be the issue there. Is it the chassis daten I downloaded is bad or the cable? Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 11:56 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Did you verify there is something in that folder along that path?
That program has nothing do do with the cable.
Cable doesn't come into the issue till your running diags.
What was your source for standard tools and how you set it up
is the issue if you can't run diags.
Bimmergeeks standard tools is known to work .
Better to take your coding question to the coding sub forum.
Appreciate 0