BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-16-2022, 12:13 AM   #1
Daily_drivX5M
Certified
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW F95 X5 M competition

So I am new to BimmerCode and saw that OBDlink C X adapter is what BimmerCode recommends but currently sold out! Anybody using a different adapter? Specific recs? Any issues and safe to use with your 2021+ G series?
      02-16-2022, 08:56 AM   #2
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3EEE View Post
So I am new to BimmerCode and saw that OBDlink C X adapter is what BimmerCode recommends but currently sold out! Anybody using a different adapter? Specific recs? Any issues and safe to use with your 2021+ G series?
I'm using the OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth one with no issues. Yes Ethernet might be quicker, but I'm not coding all the time so this does the trick.
      02-16-2022, 06:10 PM   #3
Daily_drivX5M
Certified
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
Quote:
I'm using the OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth one with no issues. Yes Ethernet might be quicker, but I'm not coding all the time so this does the trick.
Thank you for letting me know. I was on the fence about the Mx link but saw this and it just came through the mail and hope it works good
https://www.veepeak.com/product/obdcheck-ble/
      02-16-2022, 07:20 PM   #4
Flying05
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for letting me know. I was on the fence about the Mx link but saw this and it just came through the mail and hope it works good
Honestly no issues. Follow the instructions on what to disconnect per BimmerCode app and you'll be good.
      02-16-2022, 07:36 PM   #5
Daily_drivX5M
Certified
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly no issues. Follow the instructions on what to disconnect per BimmerCode app and you'll be good.
Ok good to know. I'm just looking at tutorials as there's several questions I have.

I'm wondering if I should disconnect my car play before starting as being a 2022 model I don't have in car Wi-Fi and my home Wi-Fi connection still gets disrupted once I've connected car play but poor reception and disabled Wi-Fi limit my signal and while I'm assuming BimmerCode doesn't need real-time internet with Veepeak (uses Bluetooth) I'm just unsure and am not wanting any disruption mid-coding.

I just read the veepeak user manual and says "not for G series" under the supported software for this device. I gotta look into this more before I plug n play

Also, would you clarify what you meant by "letting the app tell me what to disconnect?"

Update:
I am going to be trying the OHP ENET cable with an Ethernet adapter for the phone. Also, seems like a good idea to disconnect CarPlay from broth phone and I drive.
      02-17-2022, 07:39 AM   #6
Flying05
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok good to know. I'm just looking at tutorials as there's several questions I have.

I'm wondering if I should disconnect my car play before starting as being a 2022 model I don't have in car Wi-Fi and my home Wi-Fi connection still gets disrupted once I've connected car play but poor reception and disabled Wi-Fi limit my signal and while I'm assuming BimmerCode doesn't need real-time internet with Veepeak (uses Bluetooth) I'm just unsure and am not wanting any disruption mid-coding.

I just read the veepeak user manual and says "not for G series" under the supported software for this device. I gotta look into this more before I plug n play

Also, would you clarify what you meant by "letting the app tell me what to disconnect?"

Update:
I am going to be trying the OHP ENET cable with an Ethernet adapter for the phone. Also, seems like a good idea to disconnect CarPlay from broth phone and I drive.
I'm sure that one will work well. Turning off WiFi, disconnecting car play, disconnecting other Bluetooth items. etc are mentioned in the instructions that I mentioned to follow to prevent such disruptions.
      02-17-2022, 10:22 AM   #7
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I had the veepek bluetooth+ module and it worked. But I thought it wasn't showing all the modules. I then tried my old F80 bootmod3 OBD2 to RJ45 flashing cable that I paired with an RJ45 to 17 dollar iphone lightening port adapter that I got off amazon. Man direct flashing is SO much faster! Its dam near instant. I like that aspect since voltage is key when flashing. So the less I draw or power I use up, the better IMO.

OBDII cable:
https://www.amazon.com/OHP-Ethernet-...s%2C103&sr=8-4

Lightening cable adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
      02-17-2022, 08:51 PM   #8
Daily_drivX5M
Certified
No_Country
Rep

Thanks y'all! I will update post here if experiencing any issues or concerns. Will be trying this out next week.