BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

02-20-2022, 08:33 AM   #1
mstin15
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3Comp

Motion Control 2 v 3 Way and v KW V4.

Hey guys. I reached out to motion control and they connected me to a very reputable shop that has been discussing their 2 and 3 way remote system with me (for my G80C RWD). They will build it with swift springs, vorshlag camber plates, edc delete, tie rod end links etc for a true package system.

Can anyone who has had experience with them in the past comment? My ONLY hold up is running the remote reservoir versus something like KW internal/non remote system. There are plenty of places up front to mount the reservoirs, but the rear will be more difficult.

I'm also torn on 2 v 3 way. I don't expect to reach the full capability of the 2 way anytime soon, so maybe saving a chunk of expense is better than overspending.

If anyone in Germany also knows a good place to grab nitrogen or help with the install, thats appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 11:09 AM   #2
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstin15 View Post
Hey guys. I reached out to motion control and they connected me to a very reputable shop that has been discussing their 2 and 3 way remote system with me (for my G80C RWD). They will build it with swift springs, vorshlag camber plates, edc delete, tie rod end links etc for a true package system.

Can anyone who has had experience with them in the past comment? My ONLY hold up is running the remote reservoir versus something like KW internal/non remote system. There are plenty of places up front to mount the reservoirs, but the rear will be more difficult.

I'm also torn on 2 v 3 way. I don't expect to reach the full capability of the 2 way anytime soon, so maybe saving a chunk of expense is better than overspending.

If anyone in Germany also knows a good place to grab nitrogen or help with the install, thats appreciated.

To what end are you doing this? Do you feel the car is underdamped? Why?

I have struggled considering dampening changes since the cars street ride would be severely impacted. The car does dive a bit, and roll, but that could be dealt with using a linear rate spring.

I have Vorshlag camber plates already and it harshes up the ride a bit.

You might want to look into tractiv dampeners which would provide an electronically controllable dampening (retains EDC). I believe development is underway for the g8x platform from my last inquiry with the US dealer.