BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-23-2022, 06:53 AM   #1
Tdubb88
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future M4C

ParkMobile App Disconnects

Anyone else have issues with their ParkMobile app in iDrive? I have the app on my phone, which is connected to my MyBMW account. After I disconnect from the app, then reconnect, everything works okay. However, after I turn the car off and go back to the app in iDrive, I get a message that says "not currently available", or something like that.

This occurred on iDrive 7.2021.20, and still occurs after I did the remote software upgrade to 7.2021.50.

I've talked to genius but got nowhere. They had me do various troubleshooting steps (e.g., reset iDrive, uninstalled and reinstall the app, went through various settings in iDrive, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 01:02 PM   #2
jvaleski
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

yea. same here. this renders it iDrive app useless.
Appreciate 1
Tdubb88188.50
      04-12-2022, 09:08 PM   #3
Tdubb88
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future M4C

Resurrecting this old post… Almost two months later and finally got this from BMW this evening. Haven't tried it yet but maybe this will solve the issue:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

We apologize for the extensive delay in response.

VIN: _______

Please be advised we see a provisioning issue on the back end, please make sure vehicle is out in the open and Bluetooth is off on your phone before performing the steps below.

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

· Hold the power button down for 70 seconds exactly. (The volume knob is the iDrive power button)
· The iDrive screen in the center of the vehicle will turn off and reboot around 25 seconds into the 70 seconds, but keep holding the power button for the entire 70 seconds
· After 70 seconds, release the power button and wait for iDrive to boot up
· On the iDrive, click "Apps" and then press the "Option" button near the iDrive controller in the center console
· Choose "Update apps and services". The vehicle will then undergo a short update.
· Finally, remove the MYBMW app from your phone and then reinstall the app.

Once the update completes, we recommend shutting the vehicle off and locking doors allowing 30 minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection. This may have to be done twice. Please uninstall/reinstall the MYBMW APP.

Please navigate to the main menu on the iDrive screen in the vehicle and select Car, Driver Profile and make sure you are logged in. Please navigate back to the main menu and select Car, Settings, General settings, scroll down to Data Privacy and select and make sure box is checked for Agree and activate all. If issue persist, please provide screen shot of error message received.

Should you have further questions or need additional information, you may reply directly to this e-mail. Our days of operation are Monday-Friday; 8:30 AM-5:30 PM EST.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2022, 12:14 AM   #4
The OL OG
Colorado
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT, 206 Volvo S40 M66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubb88 View Post
Resurrecting this old post… Almost two months later and finally got this from BMW this evening. Haven't tried it yet but maybe this will solve the issue:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

We apologize for the extensive delay in response.

VIN: _______

Please be advised we see a provisioning issue on the back end, please make sure vehicle is out in the open and Bluetooth is off on your phone before performing the steps below.

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

· Hold the power button down for 70 seconds exactly. (The volume knob is the iDrive power button)
· The iDrive screen in the center of the vehicle will turn off and reboot around 25 seconds into the 70 seconds, but keep holding the power button for the entire 70 seconds
· After 70 seconds, release the power button and wait for iDrive to boot up
· On the iDrive, click "Apps" and then press the "Option" button near the iDrive controller in the center console
· Choose "Update apps and services". The vehicle will then undergo a short update.
· Finally, remove the MYBMW app from your phone and then reinstall the app.

Once the update completes, we recommend shutting the vehicle off and locking doors allowing 30 minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection. This may have to be done twice. Please uninstall/reinstall the MYBMW APP.

Please navigate to the main menu on the iDrive screen in the vehicle and select Car, Driver Profile and make sure you are logged in. Please navigate back to the main menu and select Car, Settings, General settings, scroll down to Data Privacy and select and make sure box is checked for Agree and activate all. If issue persist, please provide screen shot of error message received.

Should you have further questions or need additional information, you may reply directly to this e-mail. Our days of operation are Monday-Friday; 8:30 AM-5:30 PM EST.
Did this work? I use the Parkmobile app and when I go to connect my new M3 in the Parkmobile app I get this error in the app. I can't even login to my BMW account. If I put in my email and password it still doesn't let me click Login. This never worked on my 2018 340i but was hoping they got this fixed.

]Name:  Screenshot_20221224-231124.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  80.5 KB
Appreciate 0