bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-28-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
trstew11
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Digital Key +

From BMW.co.uk:
"Can I use the BMW Digital Key Plus in my vehicle with BMW iDrive and Operating
System 8?

To use the BMW Digital Key Plus, your vehicle with BMW Operating System 8 (depending on equipment and production date) requires the optional extra Comfort Access (SA 322). Your BMW must be connected to your BMW ID in the My BMW app. To set up the BMW Digital Key or BMW Digital Key Plus, you need an internet connection and both vehicle keys in the vehicle interior once."

My Question:
Does anyone use the Digital Key+ to get the "light show" talked about in the MyBMW app? Does this REQUIRE BMW O/S 8, and how do you tell which O/S you have? Or is this only available in the UK, since the MyBMW app links to BMW.co.uk?

Sorry if the way I formatted this post was confusing, but I couldn't figure out a better way to do it on my phone...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 09:47 PM   #2
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

So I got my iPhone and Apple Watch and digital key card all working and it's amazing!
Appreciate 0