home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-09-2022, 10:45 AM   #1
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 94 6spd turbo Supra

I've pretty much sold myself on PB with cognac interior. I originally ordered BSM And Tacora red, but I can't get past Portimao or thundernight. I spec'd 792m wheels just like this one, and I will be switching the tires to 245/35/19s front and 255/35/19s rear immediately. I also have sitting in the garage waiting some bms 13mm spacers for front and 15mm rears, along with a jb4, and just ordered a Dinan intake. I still haven't even got my allocation yet lol

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 10:52 AM   #2
steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Thundernight! Every single person I've shown my car has instantly fallen in love with thundernight. Said they were amazed at how beautiful it is. It'd currently a 2 series exclusive too which is nice. Either way, whatever you choose, it's going to be an amazing car!
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 10:57 AM   #3
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

You cant go wrong with Cognac interior with either PB and/or TNM exterior.

The color pops and changes shade (from light brown to light orange) quite a bit based on ambient lighting and is very dynamic in appearance. I find the sensatec seats quite comfortable despite no lumbar or bolster adjust and also save $1400 for choosing standard seats so a win-win situation
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 10:58 AM   #4
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelatx View Post
Thundernight! Every single person I've shown my car has instantly fallen in love with thundernight. Said they were amazed at how beautiful it is. It'd currently a 2 series exclusive too which is nice. Either way, whatever you choose, it's going to be an amazing car!
I appreciate it, sir! I don't think I could go wrong with either, but I've fallen in love with both so it's a tuff choice. Your right about it being exclusive to just the g42 right now but I'm afraid everybody wants to do thundernight haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 11:01 AM   #5
PNW240
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i, Subaru Legacy

Do it! I had cognac on my estoril blue F22 and I do really miss the interior color, it's a shame they don't offer cognac in vernasca w/ lumbar etc in north america!
Appreciate 2
Jashue202.50
      03-09-2022, 11:18 AM   #6
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechman View Post
You cant go wrong with Cognac interior with either PB and/or TNM exterior.

The color pops and changes shade (from light brown to light orange) quite a bit based on ambient lighting and is very dynamic in appearance. I find the sensatec seats quite comfortable despite no lumbar or bolster adjust and also save $1400 for choosing standard seats so a win-win situation
I agree. I don't mind not getting lumbar but it is a bummer you can't get side bolster adjustment
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 12:16 PM   #7
Golddog
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Ordered my PB exactly like the video, except I opted for black interior. Reason being, my current Alfa Romeo Giulia has a similar cognac/caramel colored interior.
      03-09-2022, 12:34 PM   #8
DougMcL
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 40e

Portimao over Cognac is my favourite combination. I haven't ordered it as I have had a PB 330e before. Mine is Brooklyn over Cognac, though I may yet be tempted back to PB!
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 12:42 PM   #9
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i

Definitely second that. I like the pb with cognac, probably my favorite combo. I know sensatec is almost indistinguishable from vernasca, maybe even a little softer feeling, but hard to get my head around not getting leather at this price point.

Cognac is in style now, but black is timeless.
Appreciate 1
Golddog566.50
      03-09-2022, 12:54 PM   #10
Fredward20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

I love the cognac interior personally. Looks awesome with both PB and TNM. Plus it’s not too dark of a color that the sun will make it hot. Black leather is awful in the summer.
Appreciate 1
mechman158.00
      03-09-2022, 03:32 PM   #11
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraCooper View Post
I agree. I don't mind not getting lumbar but it is a bummer you can't get side bolster adjustment
Agreed. I would have also preferred having side bolster adjust but the fact that they are only installing them on the driver side and deleting them on the passenger side door makes it even harder to spend the extra cash for vernasca seats unless the color options with vernasca are a must have.

I find the sensatec seats surprisingly cushy and comfortable but I understand that I am beginning to sound like a sensatec sales guy to a real BMW CA which I find to be ironic
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 04:33 PM   #12
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Very nice combo.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 04:37 PM   #13
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraCooper View Post
Agreed. I would have also preferred having side bolster adjust but the fact that they are only installing them on the driver side and deleting them on the passenger side door makes it even harder to spend the extra cash for vernasca seats unless the color options with vernasca are a must have.

I find the sensatec seats surprisingly cushy and comfortable but I understand that I am beginning to sound like a sensatec sales guy to a real BMW CA which I find to be ironic
I personally can't feel any difference in comfort between sensatec and vernasca
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 04:38 PM   #14
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

I really like that color combination. I would have chosen it over black interior if it was leather Cognac, because I did not like sensatec on my previous BMW. In the summer the sensatec was to hot and sticky in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 06:18 PM   #15
Golddog
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
I really like that color combination. I would have chosen it over black interior if it was leather Cognac, because I did not like sensatec on my previous BMW. In the summer the sensatec was to hot and sticky in my opinion.
From what I have read and heard, the new perforated Sensatec is light years ahead of the old product. Not sure how true this is. If anyone who has it, please weigh in as I ordered mine with black Sensatec. Still time for changes but not sure it’s worth the $1,450.00.

Last edited by Golddog; 03-14-2022 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 07:02 PM   #16
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddog View Post
From what I have read and heard, the new perforated Sensatec is light years ahead of the old product. Not sure how true this is. If anyone who has it, please weigh in as I ordered mine with black Sensatec. Still time to changes but not sure it’s worth the $1,450.00.
I got the sensatec and I like it a lot. Picked up my car 6 days ago and already have over 1000miles. So, I got to spend enough time in it. I prefer the look of the perforated sensatec over vernasca. Vernasca doesnt feel too different in feel compared to sensatec as its heavily coated with artificial dyes. My cousin's G42 has the Red vernasca leather so I got to compare both side by side in real time.

Besides the other reasons stated in my earlier posts, I feel the maintenance of sensatec is simpler compared to vernasca and you dont have to worry about dye transfer from jeans especially if you choose the lighter colors (might not make a difference with black)
Appreciate 3
Golddog566.50
MPSdriver192.00
Roadwar128.50
      03-09-2022, 08:28 PM   #17
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddog View Post
From what I have read and heard, the new perforated Sensatec is light years ahead of the old product. Not sure how true this is. If anyone who has it, please weigh in as I ordered mine with black Sensatec. Still time to changes but not sure it’s worth the $1,450.00.
I would hope the perforated version is better, but I did not want to take the chance since they did not agree with me before. If there were fans in the seats, it would be a viable option. For my body, I have just had better results with leather variants. It is a small price to pay to ensure my comfort, so I consider it a requirement and worth it.

I agree though, maintaining the sensatec is easier and durable for sure. But nothing beats the smell of new leather seating material. Also, routine leather conditioning keeps that special smell.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:04 PM   #18
///MML
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I have seen this combo in person and was not impressed. If you can find a car go see it person before you order it...it's $50k+ you are spending.

Medium color blues are difficult to get right and PM is in no man's land. BMW Lemans blue got it right for med blue example with incredible depth & pop. In terms of this Cognac interior again a miss...looks like diarrhea in person. The oyster and beige options are terrible as well. A silver-stone interior ala M3 would have been a great combo for the exteriors but we are stuck with red or blk as decent options. Unfortunately the color combos for the 240i are limited in terms of good design. what works is...

-blk/red, blk/blk
-gray/red, gray/blk
-white/blk
-red/blk
-thunder/blk

Your initial black/red impression is a better option as first impressions usually are...but again see in person if possible. good luck
      03-09-2022, 09:30 PM   #19
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MML View Post
I have seen this combo in person and was not impressed. If you can find a car go see it person before you order it...it's $50k+ you are spending.

Medium color blues are difficult to get right and PM is in no man's land. BMW Lemans blue got it right for med blue example with incredible depth & pop. In terms of this Cognac interior again a miss...looks like diarrhea in person. The oyster and beige options are terrible as well. A silver-stone interior ala M3 would have been a great combo for the exteriors but we are stuck with red or blk as decent options. Unfortunately the color combos for the 240i are limited in terms of good design. what works is...

-blk/red, blk/blk
-gray/red, gray/blk
-white/blk
-red/blk
-thunder/blk

Your initial black/red impression is a better option as first impressions usually are...but again see in person if possible. good luck
I appreciate your input and quite honest feedback. I sell BMWs for a living , research, train, and around them every day so I've seen cognac Portimao combo on a m340 and it really grew on me to like it. Kinda like the buck tooth g8x grills lol.

I agree with you on the oyster and beige interiors though. I don't care much for them at all!

You may be right about just sticking with BSM and Tacora as to it being my first impression. This is what happens when I wait 4 months for an allocation lmao. I over think it and change my mind too dam much and I help people make these kind of decisions everyday, but even I turn to the forums to get yalls help and opinions 😂
Appreciate 1
Roadwar128.50
      03-09-2022, 09:33 PM   #20
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

By the way I wish I could do a individual special paint because marina bay blue is my absolute fave! And I wouldn't think twice about silverstone if that was an option on the m240i
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 10:09 PM   #21
bmwman4life11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 s1000rr/ 2022 M240i

I might be biased, but go for it!

Appreciate 2
      03-09-2022, 10:19 PM   #22
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States