BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-16-2022, 08:47 AM   #1
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (G82)

Unable to save specific Carplay screen to the shortcut buttons

I bet this is my own user error, but can someone give a step by step account for how to add a specific carplay screen to the shortcut buttons (1-8)? Currently I open Waze in carplay, for example, then try to hold the shortcut button and it tells me it is 'unable to save'. What am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 11:12 AM   #2
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post
I bet this is my own user error, but can someone give a step by step account for how to add a specific carplay screen to the shortcut buttons (1-8)? Currently I open Waze in carplay, for example, then try to hold the shortcut button and it tells me it is 'unable to save'. What am I missing?
Im not sure you can save anything in carplay. When I tried to save my wifes phone number in a preset, via carplay, it would not let me. But when I switched carplay to idrive mode only, I was able to save her number as a preset. Then I switched back to carplay mode and the shortcut would active her call via carplay.

That leads me to believe you can not save anything inside carplay to a shortcut. I could be wrong. But that was my experience.
      03-16-2022, 06:54 PM   #3
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimab0 View Post

You can set the major features. For instance I have 1 set to CarPlay Phone and 2 to CarPlay Audio.

Just go to the main app that you want to use (not the specific function), and press and hold the memory button.

I don't know if it works for non-apple apps. It may only work with those 2 as there are direct links under the "media" and "coms" section to get to CarPlay in the BMW menu.

So with that being said, I imagine it might work for maps too.
Appreciate 0