BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-21-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
Jbh165nc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Wheel experts

Lend me your ears please. While I have put after market wheels on vehicles before, I have relied on large companies telling me if they will fit or not (e.g. Tire Rack). However with my 2020 X3m, I’m going to get customs wheels. Manufacturer is suggesting I should have no problems with this set up:

9.5" +15 front and 10.0" +30 rear, 20” diameter on all.

Any one with experience can chime in?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
5LEEPR_G01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI X3M40i

Garage List
23 X3 M40i  [9.75]
That fitment will work with no issues at all. Slightly more aggressive offsets vs stock, so it should fill the wheel well with an almost flush fitment. What wheel manufacturer are you thinking about? BC Forged is the best bang for buck IMHO
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 12:43 PM   #3
Jbh165nc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LEEPR_G01 View Post
That fitment will work with no issues at all. Slightly more aggressive offsets vs stock, so it should fill the wheel well with an almost flush fitment. What wheel manufacturer are you thinking about? BC Forged is the best bang for buck IMHO
Thanks!
That’s exactly who I went with. RS40, brushed clear.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 01:09 PM   #4
5LEEPR_G01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI X3M40i

Garage List
23 X3 M40i  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbh165nc View Post
Quote:
Thanks!
That’s exactly who I went with. RS40, brushed clear.
Yeah, those guys make great wheels! I ran two sets on my last vehicle, but will be going for a set of Litespeed Racing wheels on my new M40i.

Brushed clear is a definite banger!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 02:05 PM   #5
Jbh165nc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, those guys make great wheels! I ran two sets on my last vehicle, but will be going for a set of Litespeed Racing wheels on my new M40i.

Brushed clear is a definite banger!
Wow. That Alfa is awesome. Coincidentally enough, I just saw a Giulia Quad in my city yesterday, which is pretty rare. Not sure if it was stock exhaust, but it sounded mean.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 02:18 PM   #6
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Great to hear positive feedback on the BC Forged.

I almost went this route but the lead times (6+ months) made me nervous if I needed to order a replacement.

Also, the load ratings were not in spec for the X3 so they would have to have customized (which usually means thicker spokes) but were not able to provide an image of the design before hand.

I decided to go with a regular flow formed wheel from BBS (CI-R) instead which were more readily available and the proper load rating.

As an aside, you can customize pretty much everything including the center cap to allow use of the OEM centers if you wish (that was what I was going to do).
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 03:34 PM   #7
BrockDM
Major
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

+1 for BCF! I've ran 4 sets of their wheels in the past 2 years and have never had any issues. Great quality, tons of selections and extremely fair pricing.

I'm quite surprised others have heard of 6+ month wait times... I've been buying periodically from them and have never waited more than 5 weeks. I'm guessing you were misquoted.

21s on my old X3M
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 03:40 PM   #8
Jbh165nc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockDM View Post
+1 for BCF! I've ran 4 sets of their wheels in the past 2 years and have never had any issues. Great quality, tons of selections and extremely fair pricing.

I'm quite surprised others have heard of 6+ month wait times... I've been buying periodically from them and have never waited more than 5 weeks. I'm guessing you were misquoted.

21s on my old X3M
I was actually just watching some random YouTube RCF videos and everyone is repeating the same thing related to wait times. Seems like RCF likes to pad their lead time quotes and deliver sooner if possible. I got a six week quote and was going to hold off on buying tires, but maybe I should buy now.

What’s going on in the engine bay there? Are those hand held blowers?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 04:08 PM   #9
BrockDM
Major
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbh165nc View Post
I was actually just watching some random YouTube RCF videos and everyone is repeating the same thing related to wait times. Seems like RCF likes to pad their lead time quotes and deliver sooner if possible. I got a six week quote and was going to hold off on buying tires, but maybe I should buy now.

What’s going on in the engine bay there? Are those hand held blowers?
6 weeks seems reasonable and I'd bet they show up in 5 or less. Tires are pretty backordered too right now...

The pic was taken at a track day. The blowers were cooling down the engine bay before the next run
Appreciate 0