F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > I killed my WIPERS!!!
proTUNING Freaks

04-04-2022, 12:04 AM   #1
AcJetjockey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Unhappy I killed my WIPERS!!!

Help....I Killed my wipers!!!

I was in ISTA to read diagnostic codes....

While I was in there I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. I needed to change wipers so I went into the control unit tree and "call up ECU Functions" section and found the wipers and selected the function to set the wipers in the service position. The wipers came up and went down like they normally would when activating the service position...but then I expected them to come back up to the top and stop so I could replace the blades, but that didn't happen...they stayed down...and now they are completely dead. The wiper stalk doesn't do anything. no washer fluid, no wiper activation....nothing

I tried to activate other wiper functions to move them but nothing happened.

Is there a way to run a diagnostic test on the wiper system or to reset that part of the FEM? I'm afraid I may have fried something. I'll check the fuse in the morning, but I would have expected that if it was a fuse issue that the washer fluid pump would still work.

Should have just stuck to reading the diagnostic codes and left it at that

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 04:22 PM   #2
yenerunsal
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30LCI

Big bad luck... You can solve this using ESYS. You need to go to external section and do a hard reset

https://www.gizliozellikacma.com/en
Appreciate 2
      04-14-2022, 11:20 PM   #3
AcJetjockey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Well it turns out somehow the communications must have been interrupted when I was trying things. The next day I went for a drive. The wipers didn't work by the stalk but they would randomly come on. So I hooked up ista again and had another go at it. Then I noticed that there was one function to activate a position and another to deactivate it. So I deactivated the wiper install position and deactivated the park and everything started working again perfectly

I do have ESYS as well and have coded a few things successfully so good to Know I could use that as well to reset it

Thx
Appreciate 0