F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Change of brake callipers
ARMA SPEED

04-21-2022, 01:38 AM   #1
Brad757
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F30

Change of brake callipers

Just had the standard brakes changed to the 370/330mm set up and noticed the first press of the brake pedal when braking has a lot of travel and does not feel as though it is biting hard. When pressed again straight afterwards it is hard and has good bite.
Is this because they need coding with e-sys or a result of a poor bleed procedure. I read the brakes can feel mushy without coding. It is only the first use of the brakes each time I brake. Is this the typical symptom?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 02:43 AM   #2
Dan991
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad757 View Post
Just had the standard brakes changed to the 370/330mm set up and noticed the first press of the brake pedal when braking has a lot of travel and does not feel as though it is biting hard. When pressed again straight afterwards it is hard and has good bite.
Is this because they need coding with e-sys or a result of a poor bleed procedure. I read the brakes can feel mushy without coding. It is only the first use of the brakes each time I brake. Is this the typical symptom?
I just this weekend put the m performance retrofit kit on my car, bleed the brakes 3 times with a pressure kit and had that same spongy feeling. I have my car booked in for the coding part this Friday so I text the guy who is doing it and he said the coding should sort it out.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 06:04 PM   #3
idopullups
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Garage List
2014 328xi  [0.00]
2014 328xi (totaled)  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan991 View Post
I just this weekend put the m performance retrofit kit on my car, bleed the brakes 3 times with a pressure kit and had that same spongy feeling. I have my car booked in for the coding part this Friday so I text the guy who is doing it and he said the coding should sort it out.
Where are you getting the coding done? Local indy? dealer? online service?

Thinking about doing the swap myself but i dont want to do the coding.
Appreciate 0