E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Lets trouble shoot my psi problem

12-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Lets trouble shoot my psi problem

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxBLXlKzSn0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxBLXlKzSn0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Max psi iv'e seen today 11, strange something is worng with the car
Mods V2 @ 94% , d/c intakes, Forge diverters

Rule out bad gas, and I just got an iol change

What do you guys think is wrong with the car
all advice welcomed.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Weather related maybe?

What boost did you see in the past? I know v2 did not have temperature compensation
Also, you could swap your stock DV's back on and see if that helps...

Hmm.. not sure, but your boost gauge looks kick ass!!!

You could always try re-calibrating the gauge(with car off or vacuum line unplugged), but if you didn't change anything, then that probably isn't the problem.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

if you are in sub 30 degree weather, that sounds like what I was seeing last Winter when I was sure I had a boost leak......I didnt.
      12-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

of course you always just do a boost leak test. I'll post pics and a little DIY in a few days once I get the pics from Clem. Did a boost leak the other week and did find a small one in the charge pipe. It was causing limp mode at high RPM's when boosting over 13psi.
      12-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
marcvtec
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Weather related maybe?

What boost did you see in the past? I know v2 did not have temperature compensation
Also, you could swap your stock DV's back on and see if that helps...

Hmm.. not sure, but your boost gauge looks kick ass!!!

You could always try re-calibrating the gauge(with car off or vacuum line unplugged), but if you didn't change anything, then that probably isn't the problem.

I was thinking the weather also maybe,
but i remeber last winter it would still be around 13 psi minimum,
might try disconnecting the battery overnight just for the hell of it to see if that helps lol
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
marcvtec
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
of course you always just do a boost leak test. I'll post pics and a little DIY in a few days once I get the pics from Clem. Did a boost leak the other week and did find a small one in the charge pipe. It was causing limp mode at high RPM's when boosting over 13psi.
cool looking forward to the DIY.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

It may be cold weather related, however if you did not cut your Forge DV hoses upon installation there is a chance that they had tension at the charge pipe connection that may cause leaking at the DV.

I had a slight boost leak due to this very problem. I removed my DV's and found that the front one was not sealing (the threads from the part that goes into the charge pipe that connects to the DV) was coming loose. Changed it out and no more boost leak. Might be worth looking at since it is pretty simple to remove the DV and check for play in the section of the DV that connects to the charge pipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
marcvtec
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaji335i View Post
It may be cold weather related, however if you did not cut your Forge DV hoses upon installation there is a chance that they had tension at the charge pipe connection that may cause leaking at the DV.

I had a slight boost leak due to this very problem. I removed my DV's and found that the front one was not sealing (the threads from the part that goes into the charge pipe that connects to the DV) was coming loose. Changed it out and no more boost leak. Might be worth looking at since it is pretty simple to remove the DV and check for play in the section of the DV that connects to the charge pipe.
The DV's have been in the car for a long time already and yea i cut the hoses for better fitment.thanks though.
Appreciate 0