BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-15-2022, 01:29 AM   #1
reczul.01
Registered
Rep
Drives: X4 g02

BimmerCode cheat sheet

Hi I'm proud owner of x4 m40i LCI and I was wondering if anybody have a BimmerCode cheat sheet for it?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 02:00 AM   #2
mailman_fin
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: G01 M40i - F48 x20i - E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reczul.01 View Post
Hi I'm proud owner of x4 m40i LCI and I was wondering if anybody have a BimmerCode cheat sheet for it?
What about https://bimmercode.app/ website?
It is telling quite much what you can do to your car.

Also here in the forum, there is a looong topic for bimmercode codings. You should try that too.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 02:09 AM   #3
reczul.01
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman_fin View Post
Quote:
What about https://bimmercode.app/ website?
It is telling quite much what you can do to your car.

Also here in the forum, there is a looong topic for bimmercode codings. You should try that too.
I did but I'm trying to code those gauges and there is no instructions on expert mode (how to use in depth)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 07:12 AM   #4
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
What makes you thinks it's possible ? I'm not saying it's not. Cheat Sheets for BC expert mode are not available, simply because it's way too much options there.
      06-15-2022, 08:26 AM   #5
reczul.01
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
What makes you thinks it's possible ? I'm not saying it's not. Cheat Sheets for BC expert mode are not available, simply because it's way too much options there.
If I were successful in coding m xdrive with disabling front drive train I hope it is posible also to program out those guages
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 08:38 PM   #6
DBU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4MC - Marina Bay Blue

Quote:
I did but I'm trying to code those gauges and there is no instructions on expert mode (how to use in depth)
Those different instrument cluster layouts are readily available without coding. But it depends on what you drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 11:42 PM   #7
deviation01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40I

I believe to code those; you also need m module hardware. However, if you have a mild hybrid, it won't work. At least not yet.

https://www.yaodechain.com/product-p...rument-cluster
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 10:13 AM   #8
rob175
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xiDrive30

From what I understand, CAUTION is advised when delving into the BC's "Advanced" mode. I'm guessing, that you could run the risk of really messing your car up IF you don't know what you're doing.

BC has a very long list of easily code-able items that BC has made available with a basic "one touch" press. Going beyond those items you're on your own and BC suggests you should be careful. "Bricking" your car could be an expensive experiment.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 08:23 AM   #9
wlfpck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW x3m40i

Here is a video of the M dash coding. However, there is a module that you'll need to install.

11-15-2022, 06:04 AM   #10
comber
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
Here is a video of the M dash coding. However, there is a module that you'll need to install.

You also need to have a LCI X3/X4, as pre-LCI models have BDC2 and you need at least BDC3.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 10:24 PM   #11
Vote Quimby
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX, G01 X3 M40i

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble coding the tailgate of my '18 M40i to behave as I'd like it to using Bimmercode.

The problem that I'd like to solve is that I often accidentally activate the tailgate button while the key is in my pocket. It's presumably pressed by other keys in my pocket or whatever, and then I discover it open the next morning, or the neighbors point it out to me ... but either way it's not ideal.

The irritating thing is that it pops open instantly regardless of whether "Close tailgate with the remote without long press" is set to "Not active" or "Active". It makes no difference whatsoever.

What am I doing wrong here?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 09:43 AM   #12
X3rd Time Is a Charm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 GO1

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote Quimby View Post
Hi there,

I'm having some trouble coding the tailgate of my '18 M40i to behave as I'd like it to using Bimmercode.

The problem that I'd like to solve is that I often accidentally activate the tailgate button while the key is in my pocket. It's presumably pressed by other keys in my pocket or whatever, and then I discover it open the next morning, or the neighbors point it out to me ... but either way it's not ideal.

The irritating thing is that it pops open instantly regardless of whether "Close tailgate with the remote without long press" is set to "Not active" or "Active". It makes no difference whatsoever.

What am I doing wrong here?
I used BimmerCode to code the tailgate because I was having the same problem . I coded it so the button on the fob won't work unless the car is unlocked and I have it set for a long press . I hope this helps you . It seems to work for me, haven't had it open since coding it this way about 6 months ago
Sapphire Black 2013 X3 28i ,
Jet Black 2007 X3 3.0 Liter
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2022, 11:45 AM   #13
Vote Quimby
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX, G01 X3 M40i

Thanks - I'm relieved to learn that I'm not the only one.

Was the option to have it only work when unlocked in the regular or expert mode? I don't recall ever seeing that toggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3RD TIMES A CHARM View Post
I used BimmerCode to code the tailgate because I was having the same problem . I coded it so the button on the fob won't work unless the car is unlocked and I have it set for a long press . I hope this helps you . It seems to work for me, haven't had it open since coding it this way about 6 months ago
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 07:34 AM   #14
X3rd Time Is a Charm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 GO1

Garage List
2018 BMW X3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote Quimby View Post
Thanks - I'm relieved to learn that I'm not the only one.

Was the option to have it only work when unlocked in the regular or expert mode? I don't recall ever seeing that toggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3RD TIMES A CHARM View Post
I found it in the regular mode . Mine is a 2018 also but it's a GOi xdrive . It was in the tailgate function section .I've actually had to do it twice because it got wiped out when the car went in for an update, instrument cluster was shifting left .
Sapphire Black 2013 X3 28i ,
Jet Black 2007 X3 3.0 Liter
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 03:42 PM   #15
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

1) Since my car didn't come with surround view, the button above PDC/Auto SS on the center console is blank. Is there any hack for me to program this button to some sort of functionality, i.e. another shortcut, an aftermarket front camera, side parking sensors? Likewise, is there any way for me to remap the steering wheel left/right buttons and volume +/- to control iDrive map instead of media/radio which I hardly listen to so that I don't have to take my hands off the steering wheel and drive with one hand when I need to use the iDrive controller to simply input an address?

2) I successfully set up Bimmercode with MX+ OBT adapter and coded away the useless seatbeat, temperature, startup legal and backup warnings. But I tried changing Driver Assistance Lane Keep Assist from default threshold of 40 mph (63 kmh) to the lowest option of 35 mph (55 kmh) and the lane keep assist stopped working until I reverted the change. I haven't tried the higher thresholds though. Has anyone faced a similar issue and understand why?

3) Does anyone know if Bimmercode has an option for changing auto PDC distance activation threshold? Currently I would have to pull in extremely close to an object (sign, wall, car, etc) for the PDC screen to switch on, mid yellow/red range where the PDC is already beeping like crazy. I think this defeats the purpose of auto PDC because I will always need to remember to press the PDC button as I'm pulling in so that I can see the PDC while still in green. The software to do this seems fairly straightforward, just change the auto PDC switch on if condition from yellow/beeping to green. I'm surprised there is no way to change this setting naturally in iDrive.
Appreciate 0