bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-15-2022, 06:26 AM   #1
viewlessfrog
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Instrument Cluster Ambient temp

Just got my car on Friday and wondering if anyone has had an issue the the outside temperature not displaying correct temp? The center screen shows the current temp of 82 but the instrument cluster is only reading it's 64 outside.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
allfitat55
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewlessfrog View Post
Just got my car on Friday and wondering if anyone has had an issue the the outside temperature not displaying correct temp? The center screen shows the current temp of 82 but the instrument cluster is only reading it's 64 outside.
Is not the Head unit an app that uses the internet to hit a website for temp data? whereas the instrument cluster will use a censor and you will always get slightly higher depending on the heat soak of the engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 02:57 PM   #3
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfitat55 View Post
Is not the Head unit an app that uses the internet to hit a website for temp data? whereas the instrument cluster will use a censor and you will always get slightly higher depending on the heat soak of the engine.
Pretty much. The instrument cluster is the sensor showing actual temperature, the iDrive is a weather app with internet data. You can tap on it and get the forecast.
Appreciate 0