BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-21-2022, 06:59 PM   #1
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

pcd delivery

Hey guys for those of you that have done this. I’m trying to get some transportation covered to get the car to fl which hasn’t been easy. If my driver arrives at any time I imagine I have the power to get them the car? I don’t need to literally wait until the end of the experience to do it? That would be asinine if so. Hard enough to plan a date let alone a time.
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 07:41 PM   #2
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.m3 View Post
Hey guys for those of you that have done this. I’m trying to get some transportation covered to get the car to fl which hasn’t been easy. If my driver arrives at any time I imagine I have the power to get them the car? I don’t need to literally wait until the end of the experience to do it? That would be asinine if so. Hard enough to plan a date let alone a time.
I've done PCD twice before, most recently in 2015. So it's possible the program has changed, although I doubt it.

The day starts around 8am and ends around 2:00-2:30. There's a lunch break, and three main sections to the day:

1) Track time, which includes both a small off-road portion with X5's, as well as some braking, turning, and handling exercises with (a copy of) your car, and a brief passenger thrill ride aboard an M3/M4/M5.

2) The presentation and delivery of your car, including full buttonology and iDrive introduction. There may also be some brief paperwork here, I don't recall.

3) Factory tour.

There is no guaranteed order to these three. Depending on the number of people and other things on the schedule, they may break the group up and stagger these. Until you take delivery (#2), you won't have keys or physical access to your car.

So, I guess my advice is to email performancecenterdelivery@bmwmc.com, and ask whether you can take delivery first thing, and that will at least give you a little more flexibility. But cutting short or interrupting the day would be a pain; I would suggest trying harder to get the driver to show up on or after 2:30. You can kill time at the Zentrum museum until then.
      06-21-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

https://www.shiply.com/
      06-21-2022, 08:42 PM   #4
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Everyone will do the handling courses first thing in the morning after driver brief. Then one batch of people will take delivery and the other batch will do factory tour & off-road course. Right after lunch the above activities would be swapped.

Your best bet might be to email PC team as in the above post and request delivery post lunch. This way, you can ask your driver to be there around 2:30 pm.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 08:44 PM   #5
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.m3 View Post
It's mandatory you participate in the classroom, and three exercises on the track to take delivery at PCD. They are not a delivery experience only. BMW rules. After above, you can take delivery and then arrange for pick-up. However, the car will sit outside in the front parking lot until transportation arrives.

In the event that you become ill/family emergency and can no longer participate, PCD will support with vehicle pick-up by placing the vehicle in the front parking lot. Also, you will need to provide the drivers name, phone number, and shipping company to a PCD agent to verify authorization has been given to pick up the vehicle on your behalf.

Pic of a G01 X3 when i was not able to make it to PCD.
Attached Images

Last edited by drexplode; 06-21-2022 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 10:57 PM   #6
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Why not drive back to FL? I did that with my M4 in '16, and had planned as well for this one. It's not a bad drive, and it will get you close to break-in service.
Appreciate 0