bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

07-03-2022, 07:26 PM   #1
Cklam1209
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 230i

What dashcam are you guy recommend ?

Hi, i just recieved my dashcam today, it is Viofo A229, newest and shipping from HK (USA doesnt have it yet) but when i start to use it, wifi doesn't work when i tried to connect, it just connect to my bmw, even i turn off auto connect to bmw, it still automatic connect to my car. I've research too much about video quality and parking mode (2 most thing i care) but seems like without a good connection to the phone, this is become a real piece of s*** (many bad reviews about connection when i dowload the app)

Ill try to return it, after that, does anyone have recommend for a good dashcam, decent price (around 200$), good connection to the phone, quality just ok is enough for me, pls.

This was very bad choice since i want a version dont available in USA and tried to buy it from HK, and the package was lost one time and i have to pay a bit extra for them shipping it again. Now i want to return after 40mins try to connect it to the phone but doesn't succesful.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 10:42 PM   #2
allfitat55
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
I have an Iroad X10 4K dual setup connected to the OBD port. (do not recommend this set up)

I have been happy with this unit for 3 years now transferred from my Stinger. but not sure if the park mode is affecting to much battery drain. ( set tot switch of at 12.3V) at 1st it would set my alarm off every time I remote start(fixed with Bimmercode disable ODB alarm)

Now every now and again I can remote in with the app to remote start or take a photo of the 360 cameras. Not sure if its the latest app update(Android) or the cam draining the battery to much.

As for the Cam its been very solid the last 2=3 years being 4K they tend to get hot this has overheat protections so it switches off if it gets to hot in summer
Appreciate 1