BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

07-11-2022, 08:21 PM   #1
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

2023 sao paulo yellow xdrive comp in Phoenix available, at port

So I decided to stick with the 2022 I ordered that is on a boat now en route to dealership. I didn't know that the other dealership I had an allocation with had pushed my 22 over to a 23, and it's currently on its way to the port, already built. Not sure if they are charging someone else above msrp, but it was msrp for me. DM for my CAs info.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 08:28 PM   #2
50M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3coco View Post
So I decided to stick with the 2022 I ordered that is on a boat now en route to dealership. I didn't know that the other dealership I had an allocation with had pushed my 22 over to a 23, and it's currently on its way to the port, already built. Not sure if they are charging someone else above msrp, but it was msrp for me. DM for my CAs info.
Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, what made you stick with your '22 over the '23?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 08:33 PM   #3
M3coco
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50M View Post
Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, what made you stick with your '22 over the '23?
Just a combination of things. The extended yas marina leather is still blue on the door panels in the 22 and changed to black on the 23s. The dealer didn't go over new specs with me, so they didn't put wireless charging or wifi hotspot, drive recorder, which was a seperate option in 23, just little things. Also $4k cheaper. The dealership with the 22 is closer, and giving me a $500 rebate as well (a nice touch). I also love the Idrive 7, so I'm fine saving 4k and sticking with the "old" tech.
Appreciate 1
50M105.00
      07-11-2022, 08:46 PM   #4
50M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just a combination of things. The extended yas marina leather is still blue on the door panels in the 22 and changed to black on the 23s. The dealer didn't go over new specs with me, so they didn't put wireless charging or wifi hotspot, drive recorder, which was a seperate option in 23, just little things. Also $4k cheaper. The dealership with the 22 is closer, and giving me a $500 rebate as well (a nice touch). I also love the Idrive 7, so I'm fine saving 4k and sticking with the "old" tech.
Makes a lot of sense! Get your exact spec and for significantly cheaper. The MSRP difference and the rebate.

Just so you know the driver recorder can be bought for a $100 from the Connected Drive Store online (but it will miss the button in the center console for it), but the YMB leather being taken away does lower the experience and no wireless charging is just inconvenient.

I've sat in the ID8 vs the ID7. ID7 feels more sport classic, ID8 feels more technological. I think it really comes down to preference and the ID7's ergonomics will serve you very well. If ever curious, I suggest going and sitting in an i4 demo/test car at your local dealer to get a sense for feel.

Hope your '22 catches a boat and is here soon!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 08:50 PM   #5
M3coco
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Makes a lot of sense! Get your exact spec and for significantly cheaper. The MSRP difference and the rebate.

Just so you know the driver recorder can be bought for a $100 from the Connected Drive Store online (but it will miss the button in the center console for it), but the YMB leather being taken away does lower the experience and no wireless charging is just inconvenient.

I've sat in the ID8 vs the ID7. ID7 feels more sport classic, ID8 feels more technological. I think it really comes down to preference and the ID7's ergonomics will serve you very well. If ever curious, I suggest going and sitting in an i4 demo/test car at your local dealer to get a sense for feel.

Thanks! It actually just got on one a few days ago, so I'm super stoked. I was guessing you could buy it from the app store but wasn't sure. I'm coming from Idrive 6 in my x3mc, so I'm excited for any upgrade lol. Some people may think I'm crazy not waiting for the 23, but I'm just excited to get my m3
Appreciate 1
50M105.00
      07-11-2022, 08:56 PM   #6
50M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! It actually just got on one a few days ago, so I'm super stoked. I was guessing you could buy it from the app store but wasn't sure. I'm coming from Idrive 6 in my x3mc, so I'm excited for any upgrade lol. Some people may think I'm crazy not waiting for the 23, but I'm just excited to get my m3
Oh congrats! One step closer.

Totally agree with your attitude. The M3 is a very personal purchase. And when you see it in your spec, it's going to be quite an event. Savor it. The aggression, the style and when you sit in that ID7 interior - it really feels like a performance cockpit. For any '22 > '23 doubters, you're getting more for less and a sport classic interior (that's what Porsche is doing!)
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 11:39 PM   #7
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
You're not missing anything with the wireless charging, its fn trash.

Appreciate 2
tbaig79.50
2011ninja3418.50
      07-14-2022, 10:15 PM   #8
dross21
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Can that be disabled if, for example, you are at 90% battery, don’t need to charge, and you place it in the spot? Or will it charge regardless?
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13698.00
      07-14-2022, 10:22 PM   #9
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dross21 View Post
Quote:
Can that be disabled if, for example, you are at 90% battery, don’t need to charge, and you place it in the spot? Or will it charge regardless?
It'll charge regardless, but it needs to be lined up, perfectly for it to even work. And if you set it down, just right to keep it from starting the charging, it will probably just get bumped into place, with the first pothole.

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 06:02 AM   #10
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dross21 View Post
Quote:
Can that be disabled if, for example, you are at 90% battery, don't need to charge, and you place it in the spot? Or will it charge regardless?
It'll charge regardless, but it needs to be lined up, perfectly for it to even work. And if you set it down, just right to keep it from starting the charging, it will probably just get bumped into place, with the first pothole.
I'm pretty sure I can disable it in my 2020 X3MC via iDrive
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13698.00
      07-15-2022, 08:29 AM   #11
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
I don’t care much about the charging and WiFI but would like to have the booster that comes with the wireless charging/WiFi. The booster helps out in the sticks where I live.
Appreciate 0