BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-22-2022, 06:40 AM   #1
cuggz
Private
Rep
Drives: 335I

BMW M3 Order Delay - Canada

I placed an order in December at BMW Toronto.

They told me it would arrive by now

Now it's a 2023 car and they state no Canadian dealers have got an M3 allocation

Anyone else having issues?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:03 AM   #2
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

People waiting for an allocation for months is a known issue and there is plenty of info in this section. Several Canadian members have been reporting their updates in the past months as well.

Is this the first time you are reaching out to your dealer after placing your order in dec. Also what was your waitlist position when you placed your order. How many allocations has your dealer received since then.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:06 AM   #3
cuggz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
People waiting for an allocation for months is a known issue and there is plenty of info in this section. Several Canadian members have been reporting their updates in the past months as well.

Is this the first time you are reaching out to your dealer after placing your order in dec. Also what was your waitlist position when you placed your order. How many allocations has your dealer received since then.
They said they had had no m3 allocations since

Can you please refer me to said threads

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:37 AM   #4
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuggz View Post
They said they had had no m3 allocations since

Can you please refer me to said threads

Thank you
What is your position in their waitlist. Its hard to believe that BMW dealer in Toronto has not received a single allocation since last dec but it might also be true as well.

I would start with monthly allocation threads where I see updates from Canadian members.

July: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1933135

June: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...926956&page=17

April: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1906509
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:46 AM   #5
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3C mXdrive

BMW Toronto promised friend of mine that car will arrive this summer when he ordered early this year. My friend ended up cancelling the order because They have no allocation after 4 months wait.

The funny part is bmw Toronto refused to give the same trade in value back when my friend decided to cancel due to no allocation.

And there are many allocations since early this year..So stay away.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 11:53 PM   #6
cuggz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNine View Post
BMW Toronto promised friend of mine that car will arrive this summer when he ordered early this year. My friend ended up cancelling the order because They have no allocation after 4 months wait.

The funny part is bmw Toronto refused to give the same trade in value back when my friend decided to cancel due to no allocation.

Did he go to another dealer ? Did he get an allocation?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 12:11 AM   #7
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

This is a known issue. There are some 2022 allocations that have been scheduled for production multiple times and then moved to 2023 and still waiting on.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 02:33 AM   #8
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
My dealer hasn't gotten any m3/m4 allocations in months
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 07:59 AM   #9
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3C mXdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNine View Post

Did he go to another dealer ? Did he get an allocation?
I got allocation from other dealer at the same time (Jan) and my car just arrived at Halifax
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 10:57 AM   #10
Kinleyg
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:

Now it's a 2023 car and they state no Canadian dealers have got an M3 allocation

I ordered my M3 from Grand River BMW in Kitchener at the beginning of March. Updates were insanely slow, I ended up tracking it myself. Currently it's on its way from Halifax to the dealer. Should be picking it up at the end of this week.

BMW Toronto has a crazy wait list so I would suggest calling Newmarket BMW or BMW Autohaus (on Steeles Ave in Vaughan) and see how long their lists are. If you're willing to drive to London it might be worth checking there as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:39 AM   #11
Chris_DUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinleyg View Post
Quote:

I ordered my M3 from Grand River BMW in Kitchener at the beginning of March. Updates were insanely slow, I ended up tracking it myself. Currently it's on its way from Halifax to the dealer. Should be picking it up at the end of this week.

BMW Toronto has a crazy wait list so I would suggest calling Newmarket BMW or BMW Autohaus (on Steeles Ave in Vaughan) and see how long their lists are. If you're willing to drive to London it might be worth checking there as well.
How did you track the status yourself? Would love to do that as well and not rely on the dealer
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:45 AM   #12
Kinleyg
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_DUS View Post
How did you track the status yourself? Would love to do that as well and not rely on the dealer
I was calling BMW Canada regularly to check on it until July 1 when they apparently changed their policy. I was lucky that at the cutoff I knew the car was in transit. I then kept searching for BOL numbers in the number series they use on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website and searched for my VIN until I found it on the Treasure. Tracked the boat until it was in Halifax. After that nowhere else to track other than a dealer update.
Appreciate 1
Chris_DUS211.00
      07-23-2022, 01:51 PM   #13
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
I was calling BMW Canada regularly to check on it until July 1 when they apparently changed their policy. I was lucky that at the cutoff I knew the car was in transit. I then kept searching for BOL numbers in the number series they use on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website and searched for my VIN until I found it on the Treasure. Tracked the boat until it was in Halifax. After that nowhere else to track other than a dealer update.
Looks like you can still track it once it gets on the Hansen’s transport truck using the VIN in Ontario. I just tried using my old 2016 M2 VIN and it still works.

https://www.lhf.com/vehicle-tracking
Appreciate 1
Kinleyg63.00
      07-23-2022, 05:32 PM   #14
Kinleyg
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
Quote:
Looks like you can still track it once it gets on the Hansen's transport truck using the VIN in Ontario. I just tried using my old 2016 M2 VIN and it still works.

https://www.lhf.com/vehicle-tracking
Oh wow that did work. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it gets delivered early. Concord to Kitchener isn't far and shouldn't take 5 days. I hope.
Appreciate 1