BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

08-01-2022, 12:17 PM   #1
Los x
Rep
Drives: M440 GC

Stuck at NJ VPC

My car has been stuck at the NJ VPC for 3 weeks (going on 4 now) since Morning Lena landed. From the looks of it, I might be one of the last ones from that ship to have his car delivered. I've spoken to BMW Genius and my CA, but no one has any idea what is going on as there are no repairs/stop sales for the car. It seems the work order open is only for a truck carrier assignment. I had two delivery dates which have already been missed (7/15 and 7/29).

If anyone else has experienced this or has any options on what to do next, please let me know as I am going crazier each day!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 01:49 PM   #2
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los x View Post
My car has been stuck at the NJ VPC for 3 weeks (going on 4 now) since Morning Lena landed. From the looks of it, I might be one of the last ones from that ship to have his car delivered. I've spoken to BMW Genius and my CA, but no one has any idea what is going on as there are no repairs/stop sales for the car. It seems the work order open is only for a truck carrier assignment. I had two delivery dates which have already been missed (7/15 and 7/29).

If anyone else has experienced this or has any options on what to do next, please let me know as I am going crazier each day!
I don't know if it would do anything but if I were in your position I would be calling BMW NA.
See if they can escalate this to the higher ups there, what you are experiencing is unacceptable.
      08-01-2022, 01:50 PM   #3
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Have you checked for a recall or stop sale yourself? Maybe there's a TSB out there that Genius and the CA aren't checking properly
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
VaderDaver
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 FDG G80 Comp

Crossing over a week at the NJ VPC here... supposedly all work orders completed and closed out.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #5
Los x
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besharaf View Post
Have you checked for a recall or stop sale yourself? Maybe there's a TSB out there that Genius and the CA aren't checking properly
I've checked several times in the last few weeks using different recall search tools and none of them have come back with any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDaver View Post
Crossing over a week at the NJ VPC here... supposedly all work orders completed and closed out.
Hoping your luck is better than mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer5 View Post
I don't know if it would do anything but if I were in your position I would be calling BMW NA.
See if they can escalate this to the higher ups there, what you are experiencing is unacceptable.
Agreed! I've already called BMW NA Customer Relations this morning which is the only phone number I could find. They told me there was nothing that could be done on their end as the dealerships are the only ones in contact with the VPC. I was able to find the CEO of North America Regions' email and plan to email him tomorrow if I don't get any updates by then.
Appreciate 2
      08-01-2022, 03:20 PM   #6
BigMoh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G26

Quote:
I've checked several times in the last few weeks using different recall search tools and none of them have come back with any issues.

Hoping your luck is better than mine!

Agreed! I've already called BMW NA Customer Relations this morning which is the only phone number I could find. They told me there was nothing that could be done on their end as the dealerships are the only ones in contact with the VPC. I was able to find the CEO of North America Regions' email and plan to email him tomorrow if I don't get any updates by then.

I think the dealership sales manager should be able to at least obtain an accurate status update from the VPC.

The wide dispersion of customer timelines is absolutely crazy
Appreciate 1
rctrixx28.50
      08-01-2022, 03:57 PM   #7
Los x
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoh View Post
I think the dealership sales manager should be able to at least obtain an accurate status update from the VPC.

The wide dispersion of customer timelines is absolutely crazy
I'm assuming my CA has already asked his sales manager as he told me he's been personally calling the VPC for a status update. I don't mind waiting, but the lack of transparency on what should be a 1 week process (bar any issues) is what's making me go nuts.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 06:51 AM   #8
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Stuck there since July 26. No information but awaiting carrier assignment.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 07:09 AM   #9
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1star View Post
Stuck there since July 26. No information but awaiting carrier assignment.
Who knows what's going on there, I too have been there since july 26th my ca said there were no stop sales or anything to be done and it's been assigned a carrier for days but yet still sits.

There was a post in another thread where the guy called the trucking company and was told it's up to the drivers and they could not provide any eta.
      08-03-2022, 07:48 AM   #10
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 xcomp/911 cab/RR LWB

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Joining the party (thread) as well!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 03:50 PM   #11
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Called customer relations, all they could say was it's been assigned a carrier but has not been released to a carrier yet. So it's a waiting game for a truck to pick it up, seems like most deliveries have been NJ and NY so eventually those of us in PA will get some attention.
      08-03-2022, 04:19 PM   #12
VaderDaver
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 FDG G80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer5 View Post
Called customer relations, all they could say was it's been assigned a carrier but has not been released to a carrier yet. So it's a waiting game for a truck to pick it up, seems like most deliveries have been NJ and NY so eventually those of us in PA will get some attention.
Basically same thing here.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 04:25 PM   #13
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

My understanding was that VPC did not disclose shipping damage unless it was over $1000 worth. Could it be that?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 04:35 PM   #14
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
My understanding was that VPC did not disclose shipping damage unless it was over $1000 worth. Could it be that?
Anything is possible, but from what I've seen in the posts of people getting cars it's been predominantly NY and NJ.
None of us really know if our cars had any damage, customer relations did say they saw a previous delivery date but that had passed, I'm assuming it's just like everything else and there is a shortage or drivers.
      08-04-2022, 01:54 PM   #15
Los x
Rep

Still no concrete information on when my car is expected to be delivered. My dealership is actually within 30 minutes of the NJ VPC. I even asked for a loaner since its taking so long, but there is none available. I called Customer Relations again today and they finally escalated it to a case manager so hopefully I get something out of this in the next 24-48 hours. Also emailed the CEO of North Americas, hopefully they can help with the issue.

It seems I have been assigned a truck carrier for several weeks now and the car has still not been released to this day.

Hope the rest of you have had some better luck this week!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 05:03 AM   #16
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
B  [0.00]
I will be coming up on 2 weeks. Finally contacted customer relations yesterday as the genius hotline is worthless. I had not been aware but there had been a work order for my car but it was completed on Monday. The original delivery date was 8/1. It was moved to 8/4. It's no 8/5 and there is no car. Per customer relations it has cleared VPC but has yet to be released for carrier assignment. There is no stop sale.

GM can't get any info from the port per my CA.

This is no longer a supply chain issue. This is utter incompetence on BMWs side. My car was a week 21 build. It sat in Bremerhaven for 46 days. Now day 10 in jersey. Two appointments cancelled this week for PPF. My guy is booked out next week even if by some miracle the car is released.

Just needed to vent a little this morning.

I will be escalating this with BMW NA today.
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2022, 05:25 AM   #17
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nal13 View Post
I will be coming up on 2 weeks. Finally contacted customer relations yesterday as the genius hotline is worthless. I had not been aware but there had been a work order for my car but it was completed on Monday. The original delivery date was 8/1. It was moved to 8/4. It's no 8/5 and there is no car. Per customer relations it has cleared VPC but has yet to be released for carrier assignment. There is no stop sale.

GM can't get any info from the port per my CA.

This is no longer a supply chain issue. This is utter incompetence on BMWs side. My car was a week 21 build. It sat in Bremerhaven for 46 days. Now day 10 in jersey. Two appointments cancelled this week for PPF. My guy is booked out next week even if by some miracle the car is released.

Just needed to vent a little this morning.

I will be escalating this with BMW NA today.
I understand your frustration I'm in the same situation, my car was built may 13 sat in Bremerhaven for over 55 days. Been sitting in NJ since July 26, latest from my ca yesterday was it has been released to the carrier but still no movement to in transit.
Hopefully we all start getting these cars delivered.
      08-05-2022, 11:56 AM   #18
Los x
Rep

I guess my scorched earth tactic of getting it escalated at Customer Relations, emailing the CEO, and emailing the General Sales Manager at the dealership might have worked as I flipped to In Transit this morning. Hopefully that means it is actively loaded and on the way to the dealership and not just released to the carrier. Not sure if the loaner part helped speed this along, but just wanted to pass this along for everyone to try so they don't end up waiting as long as I did!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 12:55 PM   #19
nal13
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
B  [0.00]
Quote:
I guess my scorched earth tactic of getting it escalated at Customer Relations, emailing the CEO, and emailing the General Sales Manager at the dealership might have worked as I flipped to In Transit this morning. Hopefully that means it is actively loaded and on the way to the dealership and not just released to the carrier. Not sure if the loaner part helped speed this along, but just wanted to pass this along for everyone to try so they don't end up waiting as long as I did!
Glad to hear! Gives me some hope
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 07:03 AM   #20
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I contacted the manager yesterday, my car is released to the carrier on a trailer waiting for a truck to take it out of the yard. As of this morning still at the port day 12.
      08-06-2022, 07:44 AM   #21
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Finally escaped from NJ VPC
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 08:15 AM   #22
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States