BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

08-02-2022, 06:08 PM   #1
IcebergM4
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 M4C

Can anyone recommend a good and HONEST dealersip?

Hi folks,

I ordered an M4 Comp in July 2021 and it arrived a little over a week ago. I ordered from a dealership in SC (I'm in FL) and they charged me MRSP only. Due to having my appendix removed, I was not able to travel to the dealership to pick up the car and sign the paperwork. My CA and I agreed for me to wire the funds yesterday 8/1 and I would arrange to have my M4 shipped at my expense. When 8/1 arrived, however, nobody returned my messages or calls and I never received wiring instructions.

Well, this morning I found out my car was sold from under me. That's right, after waiting 12 WHOLE MONTHS for this car, my CA claims that his boss sold it on Saturday, even though this was not the agreement! He claims that he was off during the weekend and had no idea I was never asked for a deposit and I already had my BMWFS approval beforehand, even though I was paying cash. The dealer was nice all the way until the car actually arrived, then turned into complete douchebags. I don't want to post their name here, but I'll DM upon request.

Anyways, can any of you recommend a dealer who will not only work with an out-of-state customer but will also charge ONLY MSRP and not ask for some ridiculous non-refundable deposit? Thank you all for you help

Last edited by IcebergM4; 08-08-2022 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 06:22 PM   #2
gaohaibo317
HG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg4 View Post
Hi folks,

I ordered an M4 Comp in July 2021 and it arrived a little over a week ago. I ordered from a dealership in SC (I'm in FL) and they charged me MRSP only. Due to having my appendix removed, and having to attend an investment property closing, I was not able to travel to the dealership to pick up the car and sign the paperwork. My CA and I agreed for me to wire the funds yesterday 7/1 and I would arrange to have my M4 shipped at my expense.

Well, this morning I found out my car was sold from under me. That's right, after waiting 12 WHOLE MONTHS for this car, my CA claims that his boss sold it on Saturday, even though this was not the agreement! He claims that he was off during the weekend and had no idea I was never asked for a deposit and I already had my BMWFS approval beforehand, even though I was paying cash.

Anyways, can any of you recommend a dealer who will not only work with an out-of-state customer but will also charge ONLY MSRP and not ask for some ridiculous non-refundable deposit? Thank you all for you help
I'm sorry to hear this, and it does sound terrible. I purchased mine from Patrick BMW (Chicago Area). After 4 months of delay, they still honored my trade-in request and gave me a decent quote at MSRP. They do frequently sell vehicles out-of-state. Best luck with your future purchase.
      08-02-2022, 06:27 PM   #3
IcebergM4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaohaibo317 View Post
I'm sorry to hear this, and it does sound terrible. I purchased mine from Patrick BMW (Chicago Area). After 4 months of delay, they still honored my trade-in request and gave me a decent quote at MSRP. They do frequently sell vehicles out-of-state. Best luck with your future purchase.
Thanks so much gaohaibo, I'll give them a call. Do you have a particular salesperson you would recommend?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 07:03 PM   #4
beden1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Hi folks,

I ordered an M4 Comp in July 2021 and it arrived a little over a week ago. I ordered from a dealership in SC (I'm in FL) and they charged me MRSP only. Due to having my appendix removed, and having to attend an investment property closing, I was not able to travel to the dealership to pick up the car and sign the paperwork. My CA and I agreed for me to wire the funds yesterday 7/1 and I would arrange to have my M4 shipped at my expense.

Well, this morning I found out my car was sold from under me. That's right, after waiting 12 WHOLE MONTHS for this car, my CA claims that his boss sold it on Saturday, even though this was not the agreement! He claims that he was off during the weekend and had no idea I was never asked for a deposit and I already had my BMWFS approval beforehand, even though I was paying cash.

I sent you a private message with contact information. Good Luck.
      08-02-2022, 10:05 PM   #5
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Some info in this thread.

Share your positive dealer experience https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1941861
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 10:10 PM   #6
Rayray91
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Hi folks,

Hit up Yousef at Coggins bmw in Fort Pierce
He is very transparent, easy to work with.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 10:40 PM   #7
IcebergM4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I sent you a private message with contact information. Good Luck.
Thanks so much for all your help bro, I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 10:42 PM   #8
IcebergM4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray91 View Post
Thanks, will do
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 11:00 PM   #9
JEM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 XDrive

Quote:
+1 for Patrick BMW. Stand up guys.

I was a Motor Werks customer in Barrington, IL for a long time, even the M3 I'll be taking delivery of tomorrow will be from MW, but they forced a zurich warranty plan into the deal. Was upset about how they did it and was not up front about it until it was time for paperwork. Aside from that, good guys, but if I were to do it again, Patrick BMW would be my choice.
Appreciate 2
      08-03-2022, 12:47 AM   #10
svgM3
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i (sold), 23 M3 CompX

Did they contact you when your car arrived at the dealer? How did that all play out?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 02:31 AM   #11
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Burdick BMW in Syracuse NY, ask for Aaron Roth, he’ll take care of you. They might have a lengthy waiting list, not sure. And that sucks mud butt they did that to you!!
Appreciate 1
IcebergM4361.00
      08-03-2022, 04:19 AM   #12
canigetaxm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray91 View Post
i will second Yousef and Coggins , my car was delivered to the dealership on a Saturday and i could not pick it up until Tuesday but that would have been 92 days since pre approval so he arranged to have it delivered to me, 2 hundred miles away on Sunday to make sure i got the best rate( .9%)
Appreciate 1
IcebergM4361.00
      08-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #13
IcebergM4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgM3 View Post
Did they contact you when your car arrived at the dealer? How did that all play out?
Yes they did. We spoke and agreed on everything. Monday 8/1 was the day I was going to wire them the money. Then they never returned my phone calls or gave me wiring details. I didn't hear from anyone until 8/3 when my CA informed me that my car was sold on SATURDAY 7/30
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #14
gaohaibo317
HG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks so much gaohaibo, I'll give them a call. Do you have a particular salesperson you would recommend?
I am currently working with Branden. I was with Michael Urbano first, but he got promoted, so he's no longer there.
      08-07-2022, 04:28 PM   #15
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Please be careful with Patrick. They told me they had an allocation when I called about 4 months ago. Tan my credit with BMWfS and then the sales manager tells me I’m 5th in the list for their order entry and they tacked on about $2000 in dealer add on fees. I’d be very careful with them. I said no thank you and didn’t even bother negotiating the fees. Too bad I did get their upfront stuff before they ran the credit
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 04:42 PM   #16
IcebergM4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Please be careful with Patrick. They told me they had an allocation when I called about 4 months ago. Tan my credit with BMWfS and then the sales manager tells me I’m 5th in the list for their order entry and they tacked on about $2000 in dealer add on fees. I’d be very careful with them. I said no thank you and didn’t even bother negotiating the fees. Too bad I did get their upfront stuff before they ran the credit
Thanks for the heads-up bro. I can confirm this, because they demanded to run my credit even though I already have a BMWFS approval. When I refused and told them I'm paying cash, they demanded a $5K deposit which coincidentally also included an extra $2K of fees
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 04:44 PM   #17
IcebergM4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up bro. I can confirm this, because they demanded to run my credit even though I already have a BMWFS approval. When I refused and told them I'm paying cash, they demanded a $5K deposit which coincidentally also included an extra $2K of fees
BMW of Westchester now is telling me that they are only able to order/deliver cars to LOCAL customers and no longer to out of state customers

After 11 years as a faithful BMW customer, I might have to leave the brand if I can't get this rectified.

Last edited by IcebergM4; 08-07-2022 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 04:54 PM   #18
ARMYG80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition X-Drive

Quote:
Hi folks,

I ordered an M4 Comp in July 2021 and it arrived a little over a week ago. I ordered from a dealership in SC (I'm in FL) and they charged me MRSP only. Due to having my appendix removed, and having to attend an investment property closing, I was not able to travel to the dealership to pick up the car and sign the paperwork. My CA and I agreed for me to wire the funds yesterday 8/1 and I would arrange to have my M4 shipped at my expense. When 8/1 arrived, however, nobody returned my messages or calls and I never received wiring instructions.

Well, this morning I found out my car was sold from under me. That's right, after waiting 12 WHOLE MONTHS for this car, my CA claims that his boss sold it on Saturday, even though this was not the agreement! He claims that he was off during the weekend and had no idea I was never asked for a deposit and I already had my BMWFS approval beforehand, even though I was paying cash. The dealer was nice all the way until the car actually arrived, then turned into complete douchebags. I don't want to post their name here, but I'll DM upon request.

There no such honest or good dealership. They are in business to make profit. you are looking for M cars. You are not getting any discount. Money wise even if they gave you a good deal, they will try to make some more profit on financing, extra stuff that they offer.

Service wise it is different, there are good cutomer service out there.

Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 04:58 PM   #19
stunt2402
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
Quote:
Hi folks,

I ordered an M4 Comp in July 2021 and it arrived a little over a week ago. I ordered from a dealership in SC (I'm in FL) and they charged me MRSP only. Due to having my appendix removed, and having to attend an investment property closing, I was not able to travel to the dealership to pick up the car and sign the paperwork. My CA and I agreed for me to wire the funds yesterday 8/1 and I would arrange to have my M4 shipped at my expense. When 8/1 arrived, however, nobody returned my messages or calls and I never received wiring instructions.

What city is this dealer located in? I live in SC and, since all of the dealers here are trash, ordered through Passport BMW (Jordan Riley) in Maryland for mine. I had a great experience though them, despite all of the COVID supply issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 05:09 PM   #20
IcebergM4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt2402 View Post
What city is this dealer located in? I live in SC and, since all of the dealers here are trash, ordered through Passport BMW (Jordan Riley) in Maryland for mine. I had a great experience though them, despite all of the COVID supply issues.
The dealership in question is BMW of Columbia. Someone else recommended Passport BMW to me as well and they will be getting a call from me tomorrow. I will be sure to speak with Jordan as well and let him know you recommended him.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2022, 05:57 PM   #21
MassComp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

OMG!

What a bunch of scumbags....so sorry to hear this.

As for an "honest" dealership not requiring a non-refundable deposit, can't help you there. All the dealerships out my way want $5k non-refundable deposits on ordered vehicles.

My dealership though has only charged me MSRP for my vehicle (so far), and $599 for "Administration Fees", but I fully expect them to lowball me on my trade at delivery.
3/19/22: Deposit placed on MY2023 Skyscraper Grey M3 Comp xDrive / 6/08/22: Dealer order placed - Status 047 / 6/25/22: Added Full Leather / 8/05/22: Received Allocation & Added Personal eSIM 5G / 09/18/22: Asked Dealership to Add M Drive Professional to My Build and They Canceled My Order
Appreciate 1
IcebergM4361.00
      08-07-2022, 06:23 PM   #22
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

So far my dealership is giving me a $500 loyalty discount, and got bmw na to throw in a reasonable rebate for having to wait at port for 2 months. No add ons, and msrp. Will pick up next week, I will recommend once it's a done deal
Appreciate 1
IcebergM4361.00