BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

08-04-2022, 06:32 AM   #1
Rosco P
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M3CX

G80 #2 finally with a prod # after 5 months

Due to a series of unfortunate events, I had to sell my G80CX a month ago. I have had an order in at my dealer since March. I finally received an allocation this week. 5 months later. Rough...

I did take the opportunity to tweak my build. I ordered the same colors, TR over KO with black wheels, but changed to CF trim as the aluminum looked cheap IMO and added full leather. Makes the car feel a little nicer. Not sure how happy I am about the new Idrive but still excited about the new ride.

I also requested PCD but I didn't see it on the build sheet and if they left it off, I will be fine. Probably gets to me earlier without it.

How long are allocations taking usually?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 07:55 AM   #2
weingarm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

PCD is something that your salesperson requests directly from the performance center in SC. It doesn't show up on the build sheet.

It would likely add several weeks (2-3 weeks depending on how busy they are with deliveries in SC.) When I last heard, they weren't scheduling confirmed dates until it clears the VPC in Charleston, SC. Typically you'll be able to pick it up about 3-4 weeks after clearing the VPC in SC (not sure if that time frame is still accurate but it was a few months ago).

If you just did a standard delivery at your dealer you could likely pick it up about 1 week after clearing the VPC. So there is a little break if you pick it up locally.

I've done PCD 3 times and it's awesome but I'd like to get this M3 sooner and don't need to do PCD again this time but would definitely consider it down the road.
Rosco P225.00
      08-04-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
Rosco P
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm View Post
PCD is something that your salesperson requests directly from the performance center in SC. It doesn't show up on the build sheet.

It would likely add several weeks (2-3 weeks depending on how busy they are with deliveries in SC.) When I last heard, they weren't scheduling confirmed dates until it clears the VPC in Charleston, SC. Typically you'll be able to pick it up about 3-4 weeks after clearing the VPC in SC (not sure if that time frame is still accurate but it was a few months ago).

If you just did a standard delivery at your dealer you could likely pick it up about 1 week after clearing the VPC. So there is a little break if you pick it up locally.

I've done PCD 3 times and it's awesome but I'd like to get this M3 sooner and don't need to do PCD again this time but would definitely consider it down the road.
Right on. I have never done PCD so I'm looking forward to it. More waiting but I can handle it.
Appreciate 0