BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Performance Center Delivery?

09-05-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
GeorgiaBMWFan
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M60i

Performance Center Delivery?

Has anyone chosen to take delivery at the Performance Center in South Carolina? If so, how was it?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 05:33 PM   #2
Brigitte
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 Mazda CX-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBMWFan View Post
Has anyone chosen to take delivery at the Performance Center in South Carolina? If so, how was it?
From what I have been reading...the people who took delivery at the Performance Center LOVED it!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 06:27 PM   #3
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Diesel, F450

Ask me in 2 weeks. I've got a PCD scheduled for the wife's new X7. I'm excited about it, but, if I'm honest, the best thing for us about PCD is that is allowed us to shop any dealership in the country looking for the best deal; geography didn't matter because we knew we were going to pick it up at the factory. Compared to local dealers, we saved around 6-7K (they were asking MSRP + a few K, we wound up MSRP - ~3K).

The silly thing, we live about 20 miles from the factory in Spartanburg. You'd think the local dealers would know that if you have a local customer who's looking to factory order that they are, in effect, competing against every other dealer in the country, right?

Nope. The local dealer, right down the street from the factory was one of the worst deals we were able to negotiate.

I cannot wait until I an just order the thing online, but, this isn't the bad. Unfortunately, it means I can only buy BMWs.. I'd buy a new Ford tomorrow if I could order it online, but there's no way I'm driving around like a moron paying dealer bingo to order a truck at some ridiculous markup. Not-gonna-do-it.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 06:33 PM   #4
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Plenty...try the search function in the forum. Quite a few write-ups
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 08:37 PM   #5
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
Plenty...try the search function in the forum. Quite a few write-ups
The search function of this forum is a complete waste of time.
Way better to use google.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 08:47 PM   #6
rjabend
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
Ask me in 2 weeks. I've got a PCD scheduled for the wife's new X7. I'm excited about it, but, if I'm honest, the best thing for us about PCD is that is allowed us to shop any dealership in the country looking for the best deal; geography didn't matter because we knew we were going to pick it up at the factory. Compared to local dealers, we saved around 6-7K (they were asking MSRP + a few K, we wound up MSRP - ~3K).

The silly thing, we live about 20 miles from the factory in Spartanburg. You'd think the local dealers would know that if you have a local customer who's looking to factory order that they are, in effect, competing against every other dealer in the country, right?

Nope. The local dealer, right down the street from the factory was one of the worst deals we were able to negotiate.

I cannot wait until I an just order the thing online, but, this isn't the bad. Unfortunately, it means I can only buy BMWs.. I'd buy a new Ford tomorrow if I could order it online, but there's no way I'm driving around like a moron paying dealer bingo to order a truck at some ridiculous markup. Not-gonna-do-it.
How did you solicit offers across the country? That is a lot of dealers. Also who gave you the best deal?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #7
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Quote:

How do they handle the taxes and registration if you pick up from out of state ? Ex - you live in Texas and buy from a dealership in Arizona and pick up in SC.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 09:19 PM   #8
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjabend View Post
How did you solicit offers across the country? That is a lot of dealers. Also who gave you the best deal?
I remember reading that Overtaxed placed the order with Passport BMW which is in MD. Several people have mentioned that Passport BMW gave them a discount off the MSRP...
Appreciate 1
rjabend376.00
      09-06-2022, 01:43 AM   #9
rjabend
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
I remember reading that Overtaxed placed the order with Passport BMW which is in MD. Several people have mentioned that Passport BMW gave them a discount off the MSRP...
Thanks! The Caddy reliability info is at: https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/cadillac/
Appreciate 1
Brigitte485.50
      09-06-2022, 06:12 AM   #10
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow, great memory! Yes, Passport, and yes, they gave a reasonable discount off MSRP (compared to "over MSRP" I was getting from local dealers). They also had ready to go allocations, after our order, we went to status 150 in a few days.

I did try every local dealer first in around a 100 mile radius. None were willing to budget off MSRP (or MSRP+). I even have (had) a relationship with one of them, no dice.

Crazy to me that my local dealers (SC/NC), when faced with a customer who's looking to factory order, don't get more aggressive on pricing because of PCD. You realize I can shop the entire country for this vehicle, right? And that you're never even going to see it, it's just paperwork for you? That a dealer I've never worked with 500 miles away from me gave (by a significant margin) the best price boggles the mind.
Appreciate 1
Brigitte485.50
      09-06-2022, 08:48 AM   #11
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! The Caddy reliability info is at: https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/cadillac/
Thank you so much. Unfortunately...CR is placing a "Lock" on all their ratings/scores because I don't have a subscription with them
I googled it...I did find on another site that CR is giving the XT6 below average reliability rating. It's a predicted reliability based on prior years. The 2020 Cadillac Xt6 was the first model year. It was launched in June 2019. So normally early models would have a lot of issues.

I also use this site...it shows the safety ratings...recalls and the number of complaints filed by consumers for a particular model year:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2022/CADILLAC/XT6/SUV/AWD
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 08:51 AM   #12
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Wow, great memory! Yes, Passport, and yes, they gave a reasonable discount off MSRP (compared to "over MSRP" I was getting from local dealers). They also had ready to go allocations, after our order, we went to status 150 in a few days.

I did try every local dealer first in around a 100 mile radius. None were willing to budget off MSRP (or MSRP+). I even have (had) a relationship with one of them, no dice.

Crazy to me that my local dealers (SC/NC), when faced with a customer who's looking to factory order, don't get more aggressive on pricing because of PCD. You realize I can shop the entire country for this vehicle, right? And that you're never even going to see it, it's just paperwork for you? That a dealer I've never worked with 500 miles away from me gave (by a significant margin) the best price boggles the mind.
Same here...I called several dealers...the best offer I got so far was the MSRP!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 08:57 AM   #13
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Same here...I called several dealers...the best offer I got so far was the MSRP!
If you want a PCD, just go to Passport, they were easy to work with, no negotiating and they seem to have lots of allocation for the X7. Or if you're local to them, it's even easier.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 09:46 AM   #14
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
If you want a PCD, just go to Passport, they were easy to work with, no negotiating and they seem to have lots of allocation for the X7. Or if you're local to them, it's even easier.

I wish...I'm on the other side of the U.S. ...over 2000 miles away. When I'm ready I will call around for a better deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 01:49 PM   #15
GeorgiaBMWFan
Private
Rep

I am scheduled to pick-up via PCD later this month. Do they have a BMW store? Offer accessories, etc?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 04:24 PM   #16
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBMWFan View Post
I am scheduled to pick-up via PCD later this month. Do they have a BMW store? Offer accessories, etc?
There is a store. Basically just a bigger version of the store in your dealership - overpriced merch with the BMW badge printed on it. Nothing that was compelling enough to purchase.

I didn't get any notable accessories at my PCD in July. Wild Blue's PCD thread iirc showed that he got a mug - not the case anymore, it seems. I did get a small coin type thing from the factory tour.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #17
rjabend
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
There is a store. Basically just a bigger version of the store in your dealership - overpriced merch with the BMW badge printed on it. Nothing that was compelling enough to purchase.

I didn't get any notable accessories at my PCD in July. Wild Blue's PCD thread iirc showed that he got a mug - not the case anymore, it seems. I did get a small coin type thing from the factory tour.
Is there any way to handle a trade-in for PCD if the selected dealer is a long way from both your home and the Performance Center?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 07:12 PM   #18
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post

Is there any way to handle a trade-in for PCD if the selected dealer is a long way from both your home and the Performance Center?
Shipping your car to the selling dealer . That's the play
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 08:01 PM   #19
ph1958
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive40i

PCD is an excellent experience. One gets to drive a BMW-owned vehicle (that matches one's purchase) around the BMW track and learn its emergency handling capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 05:46 PM   #20
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Cecotto, F85, G05, G07,

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [10.00]
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [10.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
Yup, loved it. Here is a little video I did.

09-10-2022, 06:40 PM   #21
GeorgiaBMWFan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmastr View Post
Yup, loved it. Here is a little video I did.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0