forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum It Finally Arrived - Carbon Black 40i

09-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #1
Tay161
Rep
Drives: X7 2023 (ordered)

It Finally Arrived - Carbon Black 40i

My CA called yesterday and said it had arrived and I told her I would be in today to pick it up. It’s Carbon Black with Cognac sensafin seats and anthracite poplar trim and with the HK sound system. I got all the packages, and already impressed with the turning radius. The genius ran through the basics, but I already have a ton of questions just from the drive home. I’ll post more pics later.

Here’s the timeline

Ordered - 7/22
Order Recieved - 8/9
Scheduled for Production - 8/18
Production Begins - 9/2 (production date of 9/6). It only spent two days in QC according to what I tracked
Dispatched from Factory - 9/10

As other have pointed out, there’s some serious lag time with the tracker. My garage on the BMW site still shows it in Dispatched from Factory status. Overall I’m impressed with the speed from placing an order to taking delivery, considering I was told I wouldn’t get my hands on a Range Rover until the end of next year if I’m lucky.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
GuyOh1067.00
wtwo318098.00
      09-13-2022, 06:37 PM   #2
Brinkley77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cadillac SRX

Garage List
2024   [0.00]
BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay161 View Post
My CA called yesterday and said it had arrived and I told her I would be in today to pick it up. It’s Carbon Black with Cognac sensafin seats and anthracite poplar trim and with the HK sound system. I got all the packages, and already impressed with the turning radius. The genius ran through the basics, but I already have a ton of questions just from the drive home. I’ll post more pics later.

Here’s the timeline

Ordered - 7/22
Order Recieved - 8/9
Scheduled for Production - 8/18
Production Begins - 9/2 (production date of 9/6). It only spent two days in QC according to what I tracked
Dispatched from Factory - 9/10

As other have pointed out, there’s some serious lag time with the tracker. My garage on the BMW site still shows it in Dispatched from Factory status. Overall I’m impressed with the speed from placing an order to taking delivery, considering I was told I wouldn’t get my hands on a Range Rover until the end of next year if I’m lucky.
I looove it. We are going with Carbon black too; it's sleek. I'm still deciding on the trim between the light greet open pore or poplar, and I love seeing the poplar trim. Congratulations and enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 09:51 PM   #3
Tay161
Rep
Drives: X7 2023 (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkley77 View Post
I looove it. We are going with Carbon black too; it's sleek. I'm still deciding on the trim between the light greet open pore or poplar, and I love seeing the poplar trim. Congratulations and enjoy.
Thanks. I wasn’t sure about the poplar and was leaning toward the fineline open pore, but I’m happy I went with the poplar. I think it’s understated and goes blends in well with the cognac.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:47 PM   #4
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current - 2023 RAM TRX

Nice! Same wood trim on mine. I really like the look.
Appreciate 0