BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-16-2022, 07:37 AM   #1
kukula
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Low wiper washer fluid level

So my wiper low wiper fluid level warning comes up. Finally got the chance to top it off using the BMW washer fluid concentrate. Surprisingly the warning still comes up every time I start my car and is getting annoying. I thought it would just go off after refilling it. Anything I am missing? Is there a way to turn this off manually? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 07:42 AM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukula View Post
So my wiper low wiper fluid level warning comes up. Finally got the chance to top it off using the BMW washer fluid concentrate. Surprisingly the warning still comes up every time I start my car and is getting annoying. I thought it would just go off after refilling it. Anything I am missing? Is there a way to turn this off manually? Thanks
Bizarre ..take a look around the area that your fluid reservoir is in and look to see if there are any hanging wires/sensors that don't look like the belong where they are. If all looks ok, try this.. ..

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 08:26 AM   #3
maxim38rus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1, X5, i3, 6GT

Quote:
Did you add enough tap water? The use of undiluted (or not diluted enough) washer fluid may cause incorrect readings.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 07:13 PM   #4
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Did you ever use something like Rain-X washer fluid? That has some silicone in it which the manual warns can damage the system...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 02:08 PM   #5
kukula
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Hi guys. To answer everyone,s question. I only use OEM BMW washer fluid. And yes I diluted it according to the manufacturer’s instruction as printed on the back label. This is actually the first time I am refilling it. I opned the hood and checked everything out and it all looks ok. I rebooted it and still not fixing the problem. Washer fluid operation is not affected. Just the annoying reminder during start up, and the triangle warning symbol in the dash when driving. guess I’ll just leave it as it is. Hope it goes away. I feel like its too much of a hassle to bring it in for just this
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2022, 02:30 PM   #6
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys. To answer everyone,s question. I only use OEM BMW washer fluid. And yes I diluted it according to the manufacturer’s instruction as printed on the back label. This is actually the first time I am refilling it. I opned the hood and checked everything out and it all looks ok. I rebooted it and still not fixing the problem. Washer fluid operation is not affected. Just the annoying reminder during start up, and the triangle warning symbol in the dash when driving. guess I’ll just leave it as it is. Hope it goes away. I feel like its too much of a hassle to bring it in for just this
Strange but true, eh? I would do as you and combine it with some other visit to the dealer. Thanks for getting back to us.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 02:58 PM   #7
Nikita44
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 & '23 C8 Z06

This kind of thing is why people shy away from BMW. People just don't have the time/energy to deal with a car that s sensitive to a windshield washer fluid refill.
      09-17-2022, 04:25 PM   #8
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita44 View Post
This kind of thing is why people shy away from BMW. People just don't have the time/energy to deal with a car that s sensitive to a windshield washer fluid refill.
Its not just BMW, my wife's GTi is the same way. Yeah, I don't get it, sorta dumb from an owners perspective. I just want to dump in some of the blue stuff from my corner auto parts store and have it work. a a a a a, don't tell anyone, but that is what I do
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 10:33 PM   #9
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita44 View Post
Its not just BMW, my wife's GTi is the same way. Yeah, I don't get it, sorta dumb from an owners perspective. I just want to dump in some of the blue stuff from my corner auto parts store and have it work. a a a a a, don't tell anyone, but that is what I do
Yea you can use other blue stuff just don't use silicone based ones (ones that are water repellent)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 08:37 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

You have a 2022 model. Washer fluid should be a complementary top up at a dealership